• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulfly1448

So over a month ago my MSI 8800GTX took a dump and I sent it in for RMA. The turn over time was pretty quick, just a couple days and a replacement was on it's way back to me.

Package arrives and it's what appears to be a new 8800GTX nvidia reference board. The cooler didn't have the MSI artwork on it. I installed it and all seemed well for a few hours until it started to artifact in games. So I request a second RMA...

Turn over rate was faster this time, found out why when I got the card today. They sent the same defective replacement card back to me... Threw it in the rig, reinstalled the drivers and sure enough, it's the exact same card artifacting the exact same way.

Are they serious? Did they even do any real testing? I know they at least took it out of the static bag that I sent it in due to the nice new sticker sealing the bag. Time for a 3rd RMA?

Anyone else have problems with MSI and their RMA process? I'm really heated right now. They will be getting an angry phone call Monday...

Back