• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

:( EVGA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

Just a little bummed with EVGA. Did a order and they dident send it out untill 3 days later and by the looks of it i wont have it untill lat next week. Just really bummed since i need what i ordered asap and i expected it to ship out the next day and have it alot sooner.

Just a little bummed i guess newegg has spoiled me with them getting out orders that day or the next day.

Should have called, they probably would have got it out the same day ;)

Dident know i could call it in. If thats the case i should of.

I'm happy with them. I did a step up from a 8800GTS 320 to an 8800GT, I was without a card for only 7 days! One thing I noticed is that during a busy time, like the holidays, or a new card release, they get backed up quickly.

I've got a hunch about EVGA, they got their own (somewhat slow?) way of doing things. In the shipping options for step up, it was like $8 for ground, then jumped to $40 for 3-day, $80 for 2-day, and over $100 for next day service. Something tells me their warehouse operation is either outsourced or not very efficient.

Note that I made up those dollar amounts, but they are in the ballpark.

edit: wow, I double checked, it was close:

UPS Ground ($7.35)
UPS 3 Day Select ($47.40)
UPS 2nd Day Air ($70.80)
UPS Next Day Air Saver ($104.34)
UPS Next Day Air ($116.66)

I recently bought a big boxed set from Amazon, it was $16 for next day shipping....

Right, but whatever the size of your business, over $100 for next day shipping is a rip, plain and simple..

yeah they put in some pocket money for anything more than 3 day shipping.

No responce yet. I just asked them why it took so long to ship my order. Maybe they can get back to me tomorrow but i dought it since they got my money allready.

UPS called its gonna be here tomorrow but sadly EVGA dosent fallow directions since i stated i did not want a sig. when its dilivered since i'll be at work. Well looks like i gotta stay home because their clowns but anyways this is the last EVGa product im buying since it coust me to much money because of their mess up. XFX here i come.

If you think customer support will be any better with XFX, then you are sadly mistaken. The RMA of my brother-in-law's XFX 7900GT took almost a full month (from the time the dead card was shipped out until we received the replacement card). Not only that, but the replacement card was an 8600GTS, which underperforms the 7900GT in certain games due to its limited memory bandwidth. When I complained about the replacement product and the duration of the RMA process, they were very unsympathetic. My experiences with eVGA have been MUCH better.

Realize that you are also NOT taking in the size of the busines in account.

Amazon is HUGE.

Evga is a single company.

I work at a very small company and have done extensive business on eBay as a collectibles seller, and have to say that regardless of the size or location of the company $100.00 is an astronomical price for overnight shipping unless you are shipping like 40 lbs of merchandise.

*Edit - I ship packages on a daily basis through UPS, FedEx, USPS, and Airmail*

Well is XFX can awnser a e mail i send them in less than a 2 weeks and counting and fallow simple instructions then they beat EVGA in my book. With me EVGA lost a loyal custmer. I used nothing but EVGA's since the 4 series and now i'll never buy one again due to the lack of supprt i reviced and my e mails go un awnsered.

just for s's and g's i sent xfx a e mail lets see how long they take to respond, i bet its only a day.

Uberwoot,

You may consider something before jumping the gun on something; Should you have an answer sooner from XFX, ask why that may be. I'd get my work done quicker if i had less of it. I seriously doubt, from what i've read so far, that you are going to find better product backing than at EVGA.

Did you email support or sales? With most places, when calling anyway, you get through a lot faster if you select 'sales' from the menu.

backing how?XFX backs their products for not only you but to the person you sell it to also. EVGA only has the stepup "Woohoo"

I emailed support. When i placed a call to them i was put on hold and then beep beep beep. found out they hung up on me. yes i was hung up on because it happen 2 times and after the second is when i said im finshed.

If you got good service from them great im happy for ya but i been just brushed off by them every time. If they treated you the same way they treat me then you wouldent buy another one of their products again.

Back