• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MonoPrice WTF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

So I bought a cord for my HTPC at the end of Jan. Recieved confirmation that the money was sent, and received a tracking number. Hey look, its now the end of the month and nothing. No emails, nothing. I sent them an email 3 days ago and no response.
This is ridiculous. USPS has no record of ever receiving the item.

So I bought a cord for my HTPC at the end of Jan. Recieved confirmation that the money was sent, and received a tracking number. Hey look, its now the end of the month and nothing. No emails, nothing. I sent them an email 3 days ago and no response.
This is ridiculous. USPS has no record of ever receiving the item.
If you received a tracking number then wouldn't it make sense that they thought it was on its way to you? I know when we send stuff we don't get a tracking number until the stuff is in the system and waiting for pick up.

Which cc did you use to pay for it?

PayPal iirc.

If you received a tracking number then wouldn't it make sense that they thought it was on its way to you? I know when we send stuff we don't get a tracking number until the stuff is in the system and waiting for pick up.

No, some companies automatically make a tracking number. I got it instantly after ordering.

I work from 6am to 5pm. Not much time for me to call.

LMAO

First rule of customer service: You can't ***** until you talk to a customer service agent and try to resolve the issue.

At the very least call them and give them a chance to make things right. I understand you emailed them but you know how easy it is for an email to get lost in the shuffle.

LMAO

First rule of customer service: You can't ***** until you talk to a customer service agent and try to resolve the issue.

At the very least call them and give them a chance to make things right. I understand you emailed them but you know how easy it is for an email to get lost in the shuffle.

No, I can start bitching as soon as whats promised isnt delivered on time, at all, or in the condition mentioned. But thanks for the SUPER helpful replies.

To Jon, Ill be skipping my lunch break(whopping 45 minutes) tomorrow to call these asshats.This is flat out ridiculous that 2 e-mails havent been responded to with even an automated response. Not to even mention the original problem of my item never even being shipped.

Should have called after a week but the 2 un-responded e-mails sounds kinda fishy. Did you just reply to the email they sent you? Maybe there's a separate e-mail address for for customer service. Also try to use a different e-mail service just to rule out a crappy e-mail provider factor(worked for a buy.com order and earthlink once).

Should have called after a week but the 2 un-responded e-mails sounds kinda fishy. Did you just reply to the email they sent you? Maybe there's a separate e-mail address for for customer service. Also try to use a different e-mail service just to rule out a crappy e-mail provider factor(worked for a buy.com order and earthlink once).

Im deploying soon(the 8th actually.). Ive been buying a ton of stuff lately(webcams, etc) and a cord wasnt exactly on the top of my mind, ya know?
The payment received emails were from a noreply address. I logged in and sent one directly from my personal email and one from their site.

I have ordered a great deal from them and I have no complaints at all. Everything is shipped very fast.

I understand its very frustrating to not receive a product on time as its happened to me a few times by various distributors. However monoprice handles a crazy amount of orders each day, don't you think you are overreacting quite a bit?

Give them a call, and tell them your situation and I bet you will see the product on your door step very early this week.

I have ordered a great deal from them and I have no complaints at all. Everything is shipped very fast.

I understand its very frustrating to not receive a product on time as its happened to me a few times by various distributors. However monoprice handles a crazy amount of orders each day, don't you think you are overreacting quite a bit?

Give them a call, and tell them your situation and I bet you will see the product on your door step very early this week.

No, I dont think Im over reacting at all actually. I think anyone who doesnt make a big deal about these errors is under reacting. By not making it a cause for concern and letting companies slide with these issues, a new and lower standard is created.
"Oh hey, dont be mad. It happens all the time." Wrong. This is the time you SHOULD be mad. If people reacted more to it, it might not happen as often.

Well your not giving them a chance to fix it. who knows they might refund you your money and give you the product for free? or at least do something to make it right.

Well your not giving them a chance to fix it. who knows they might refund you your money and give you the product for free? or at least do something to make it right.
Yep, they don't know they messed up without you letting them know first :confused:

Once you call and if they refuse to help you out.... then IMO you have a reason to act as you are. As nice as it would be, it is impossible to get a company/system to function 100% of the time. These things happen, and I don't care who you are, there is no way to prevent it. If its a repeat issue with monoprice, then they have an issue. I find it hard to judge a company based on one product order, especially when they get good comments from many others.

I am on your side, we can't let companies get used to slipping. I have had my fair share of heated arguments, but I find if a company shows its true face in its customer service. But you need to speak with them first...

Last edited:
The chance to fix it is when I email them, twice and stil receive no response.
I shouldnt have to call. One, because theyre an etailer. email is the way of the web, no? Two, because their main way of contact is through the emails they have listed, yet dont respond to. But hey. Ill cater to their mistakes and spend my free time calling them tomorrow for sure.

The chance to fix it is when I email them, twice and still receive no response.
I shouldnt have to call. One, because theyre an etailer. email is the way of the web, no? Two, because their main way of contact is through the emails they have listed, yet dont respond to. But hey. Ill cater to their mistakes and spend my free time calling them tomorrow for sure.

Figure that there is maybe 20 people dealing with every email they receive regarding an issue (maybe more maybe less).

Figure that they recieve probably 300+ emails a day from people.

Errors do occur, you cant expect that they dont. Your email may have slipped through the cracks, you may not have included enough detail to make their research easy. They may have ignored your email. Calling a company is a trivial thing and you cant expect to not have to call someone just because
email is the way of the web, no?
They are a business, they make mistakes. You have to be willing to CALL and not just expect that they will respond/acknowledge any and all emails that come through.

Im sure that you have 15 minutes that you can spend on the phone to try to find out what is going on. You are making it sound like you are being totally ignored when you have sent a single email.

Also sending them an email on a friday and expecting that you will recieve a response over the weekend is a bit extreme(many CS reps do not work over the weekend), you waited a month to even try to contact them regarding it when they have a max of what 6 days shipping (assuming BFE mountains of South Dakota or something)?

side question:

I just placed an order with them on the 23rd and almost immediately recieved this email:

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your order with Monoprice.com. Here's the status of your order, #XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Order Status: Expected to be shipped out via UPS Ground
Expected Shipping Date: 2/25/2008
Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Please log into your My Account if you'd like to check the detail and real-time status of your order.
https://www.monoprice.com/home/myaccount.asp?er=3

Should you have any question, please feel free to email us at [email protected].
Thank you for doing business with us.

Regards,

Customer Service
Monoprice, Inc.

Did you NOT recieve that email? Did you NOT log in to track the status? Did you NOT email support first?

Last edited:
No, I can start bitching as soon as whats promised isnt delivered on time, at all, or in the condition mentioned. But thanks for the SUPER helpful replies.

To Jon, Ill be skipping my lunch break(whopping 45 minutes) tomorrow to call these asshats.This is flat out ridiculous that 2 e-mails havent been responded to with even an automated response. Not to even mention the original problem of my item never even being shipped.

I guess you do not know how easy it is for an email to get lost in the shuffle:eek: It is very easy and happens all the time.

I find it very easy to call a company first when an order is not on time or there is a problem of any kind. The reason I do this is to talk to a person so I know for sure that someone at the company knows about the issue. Then I can judge the customer support of the company by how they handle my problem.

I guess it is all in expectations because I know how easy it is for emails to get lost, so I do not use that form of contact unless I have to.

To each his own.

Well, I want to know how it pans out...I really like Monoprice and placed an order through them yesterday, as a matter of fact. I also had a tracking code by yesterday evening (even though it's a fairly worthless USPS number).

the chinese new year ended just recently - they celebrate it for a couple of weeks and no one works. stores that depend on supplies from china are pretty much out of work till it's over.

Back