• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Slot 1 board for 150+FSB, 1/2 AGP would be nice, suggestions???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stymee

I've got my P3B-F pretty much maxed out right now (see sig). It's totally stable, and the RAM and Ti200 both seem to have no trouble with the FSB at 150.

I'm putting together a rig for the ol' lady and I'll prolly use the P3B-F for hers (with an old PII 400). That leaves me looking for another mobo for my 600E cB0 which I think is a pretty sweet chip.

I guess I'm stuck with a VIA chipset so I can get the 1/2 AGP divider, and I hear the 133A whips the 133 in memory performance, SO...

The 2 mobo's that I've found to fit the bill are the Asus P3V4X and the Abit VT6X4.

The newer P3V4X's and the VT6X4 only go up to 150 FSB, which I'm already at so that don't help. I think I'll be able to get my hands on an older P3V4X with the ICS PLL, but I was wondering if there is anything else out there that might work.

I know I should just get a flip chip mobo and a new chip, but I'm really enjoying making a project of this 600E, and as easy as it was to get it up to 900, I'm pretty sure it can do a little more, especially with some H20:beer: :beer: :beer:

hehe... I'm in the same boat... I'm currently in the talks of getting a P3V4X... going higher isn't as important as getting where I'm at a little more stable:D

RainMaQer-

Kinda off the subject, but what kind of water cooling are you running? I'm going H20 eventually, just tryin' to get a feel for what's out there in Slot 1 land:cool:

Home built...:D I made my own aluminum waterblock, bought a pump at a local pet store, a transmission fluid cooler (small radiator) from car parts store, and the tubing and bolts (for mounting) from ace... along with hose clamps and stuff... resevoir is a tuperware thingy... I've actually just been propositioned by the local computer store to build them a demo model for the owner... probably lead to contract work for them:D

How about the BE6-II or the Abit SH6 slot 1 815e mobo! The sh6 ABIT mobo has everything the SA6 does but it is a slot mobo. It would have some advantages as with a slocket you could hit higher vcores if needed and also H2O cooling would be better too as it would be easier to insulate it.

I had a BE6-II....Top board even if mine was a POS, you've just gotta find one that didn't slip through quality control! Mine slipped through....Had many handy overclocking options though and tonns of memory bandwidth!

Duh....I had myself all confused :eh?:

Partly due to motherboards.org review, which only listed FSB speeds up to 150, dumba$$es. Also, in reading the SH6 reviews elsewhere I didn't see anything about a 1/2 AGP divider, but that is standard on a board that can run at 133, right?

Would the lack of VIO adjustments and a max of 1.9 Vcore handicap me?

Also, anyone know if there's room for the VOS32 and 2 256MB sticks of Corsair PC133?

Thanx for the help, y'all! :D :D :D

stymee said:
Duh....I had myself all confused :eh?:

Partly due to motherboards.org review, which only listed FSB speeds up to 150, dumba$$es. Also, in reading the SH6 reviews elsewhere I didn't see anything about a 1/2 AGP divider, but that is standard on a board that can run at 133, right?

Would the lack of VIO adjustments and a max of 1.9 Vcore handicap me?

Also, anyone know if there's room for the VOS32 and 2 256MB sticks of Corsair PC133?

Thanx for the help, y'all! :D :D :D

With a simple vcore mod you could hit 2.1v I think. You have to cover certain pins with enamel or something. Yeha you can assume that there are indeed 1/2 AGP settings with this mobo since it is a 815 mobo with a 133bus. The memory bandwith of the BX though is so much nicer though.

You read my mind! I decided to stick with my P3B-F for a while, stop being so greedy, and got the (well almost wife) gf an ST6 with a 900 Celeron for $150! Couldn't believe I found it so cheap. I'll slap that into an Antec 630 and relegate the PII400 to gateway duties in the closet upstairs.

Gotta love a house wired to the hilt with CAT5! I did it while it was being built, and I am so glad I did!

Too bad I'm kinda hurtin' now from my BAD experience with my 2 month old Ti200 (see my post in Video Cards, DOH!)

Anyway, thanx for the help!

Back