• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I run a seperate powersupply for my water system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Waterpumps only use like 10-20w of power, so their power needs are very minor. It is handy however to have a separate cheap psu to use just when leaktesting your loop so that you don't have to hook up your main psu to your pump and jumper the ATX connector on it. I have an old included-with-the-case psu I use just for this.

hhaha :)

So you guys are going to probally yell at me but I purchased the thermaltake case LCS and after doing extensive reading Im going to upgrade the water system to a better quality system. Great info here. A little upset at spending the money i did but I would rather do it right the first time.

So can you guys give me some links that can point me in the right direction for my case. Also does this case come with a plate that will fit my 775 socket q6600?

http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-armor-lcs-ve2000bws.html

Thats the one I got I know I know :(

hhaha :)

So you guys are going to probally yell at me but I purchased the thermaltake case LCS and after doing extensive reading Im going to upgrade the water system to a better quality system. Great info here. A little upset at spending the money i did but I would rather do it right the first time.

So can you guys give me some links that can point me in the right direction for my case. Also does this case come with a plate that will fit my 775 socket q6600?

http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-armor-lcs-ve2000bws.html

Thats the one I got I know I know :(
Return it

Those kits are absolutely horrible. It will not handle your quad.

ok I will return it but i can keep the case correct? Is the case good ?

What will be a good system? can i get your suggestions :)

Return it

Those kits are absolutely horrible. It will not handle your quad.

I have to agree. I have the Armor LCS (my first Water cooling experience) and I am on my third water pump in 6 months. The RMA process was painless, but swapping out the CPU water block with stock air 3-4 times is not fun since you have to remove the motherboard. When its working it does a nice job of cooling my 6750 at 4 GHz but it has been down too often.

return the case and get the Amour Plus, got mine a week ago and loves it!

the removable mobo tray is really handy. plus i have 10 pci slots which fits my 2 8600GT's and heatsinks.

some pictures are in my eVGA profile here.

Back