• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK Supreme Acetal CPU Water Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Daddy

Registered
EK Supreme Acetal (Socket A,754,939,AM2, 478 and LGA 775) CPU Water Block

Hey guys i just bought this water block today, does anyone have any experience with it n if so is it a good 1? Reviews on the site said its a gd 1 wat u guys think?

as far as i know its just as good as the fuzion (without nozzles), but the fuzion gets a little better with nozzles.

I have this block right now.
I am in the process of bleeding right now. I'm not exactly sure ow tight to put the thumb bolts so I am doing trial and error since I have read that if you arent careful it will bow the motherboard

Fuzion suppose to have better flow but not as good.

EK block suppose to restrict flow a little, but run cooler.

Cool sound good then, well my block is arriving tomorrow and hopefully without any delays. I bought a Gigabyte ATI HD 3870 XT 512Mb too so cant wait to get it all up and running.

Just need to go scrap yard raiding now to find myself a good Heater Core to use as my radiator lol.

Ill post pics and stats as soon as i get it up and running.

Cheers Guys

I have this block right now.
I am in the process of bleeding right now. I'm not exactly sure ow tight to put the thumb bolts so I am doing trial and error since I have read that if you arent careful it will bow the motherboard

ANY waterblock you mount should use a backplate. Without one there's simply no way to get enough pressure for optimum result. Mobo warp/bow way too easily.
I'm using the backplate from TR and with it I can make it tight enough to bend the mounting plate instead.:)

ANY waterblock you mount should use a backplate. Without one there's simply no way to get enough pressure for optimum result. Mobo warp/bow way too easily.
I'm using the backplate from TR and with it I can make it tight enough to bend the mounting plate instead.:)

isn't it dangerous to tighten it too much to hurt the cpu?

Received my Water Block & 1/2" barbs 2day . . . Just need to get my pump and rad now, ill post pics of the complete water cooling system DIY style when ive done it.

Hopefully i dont mess it up . . . lol :)

Attachments

• water block.JPG
    water block.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,785
Got any pics of the inside of the block? I been thinking about getting one of these.

This block looks like the best choice right now for a CPU exclusive loop. It also has a durable acrylic top to make it look mad sexy.
http://www.petrastechshop.com/eksuuncpuwaa.html

Looking at the ΔT chart, it becomes very plain to see that EK Water Blocks are definitely on to a winner. It will be interesting to see how much of a change there will be between the performance and high-flow plates for the EK Supreme when they become available.

This is from the review posted on Post #2. Anyone know about these "high flow plates." I've googled and searched around and turned up nothing. When were these even announced?

it cools my quad fantastically. X3210 @ 3.33 with temps after 27 hrs of prime at

It's a decent looking block, but no back plate, and while it marginally outperforms a regular FuZion, a bowed and nozzled FuZion eats it alive and still have less pressure drop. It took me a while to find a nozzle kit, but we'll see how it fairs next weekend. As it is, my bowed FuZion with Shin Etsu X23 at stock clocks on the processor runs at water temp at idle and 3C above water temp under load. At 4.5Ghz and 1.5v I run about 43C idle and 52 load with 25C ambient

How much do these run? Will this out preform my D-tek FuZion in a high preshure set up?

This block looks like the best choice right now for a CPU exclusive loop. It also has a durable acrylic top to make it look mad sexy.
http://www.petrastechshop.com/eksuuncpuwaa.html

Durable, Acrylic, and top don't belong in the same sentence ;). Acrylic doesn't take well to threads and can crack over time depending on the stress applied to it by the tubing, how tight the barbs are, etc. Acetal is a MUCH better material to use.

This is from the review posted on Post #2. Anyone know about these "high flow plates." I've googled and searched around and turned up nothing. When were these even announced?

I don't see why you'd want a "high flow" plate for this design. This is basically a tweaked micro channel design a la the Little River/Dtek White Water block. The accelerator plate there helps with performance. In theory, with a high flow pump, a narrower slit (closer to that of the white water) could increase performance. Of course there is a chance that this wouldn't net you anything since the white water has fewer channels and is a bit different in terms of design.

Durable, Acrylic, and top don't belong in the same sentence ;). Acrylic doesn't take well to threads and can crack over time depending on the stress applied to it by the tubing, how tight the barbs are, etc. Acetal is a MUCH better material to use.QUOTE]

Amen to that. I have my fun with acrylic tops and i must say they suck. I had barbs strip out and i would have to install the block and parb then cake on the sealent. but it worked :) Theri nice for bing but thats it. If i had to pick between acetal and acrylic then its acetal ftw.

Back