• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leaks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

husam

Registered
After having the machine running 24/7 for month until one of the hoses came off and leaked water :bang head

No I have used Mikalor Wormdrive Clip 1/2" and 24 hours test shows no leak, but after month the thing just came off !!!!

Is there anything else I should of used or done !!!! just in case teh machine survived the leak :confused:

I used 1/2" ID Tygon R3603 Tubing.

Nothing is better than those.

If I had to guess, it wasnt tight enough.

Was the tubing completely on the barb?

Yes the tube was on the barbs, but it complete came off when it happens.

Now I need to replace the motherboard :(

If it was fitted properly, tubes don't just "fall off". Mine fit so good (using worm drive clamps) that I actually had to cut the tubing or it would rip the barbs out of the block o_O

It sounds like either the barbs were too small or the tubes were too big :shrug:

I see ... next time I will double check, Just I though the heat might of effected the tube.

Now I just need to figure out what works it doesn't work ...

Thanks

If it was fitted properly, tubes don't just "fall off". Mine fit so good (using worm drive clamps) that I actually had to cut the tubing or it would rip the barbs out of the block o_O

It sounds like either the barbs were too small or the tubes were too big :shrug:

Each Time I had to change the tubing I've had to cut the tubing off of the barbs. Sounds like you might have missed a tube when double checking them.

Yes because the other barb on the block there and I'm having problem taken it off.

Also I checked the order and shows all of the barbs are 1/2" so is the tube, I must of missed it.

Anyway the motherboard is dead now :bang head

I left the machine dry all night because it happens last night, so I should
be dry by now.

But when it happen the machine just turn it self off immediately, but there was smoke and no smell.

But I guess that doesn't means it's gone.

I might try and take it apart and see maybe onr of the processes died not the motherboard.

Overnight? That isn't even close to long enough if it got soaked.

Take it out and use compressed air, the water is probably under chips and in everything. You could also use a blow dryer :shrug:

Ohhh I see ... ok I guess I will do that take out everything and and dry it.

I guess I still might have chance.

Thanks

And go buy a bottle of 90% pure isopropyl alcohol at the local drug store, and a spray bottle if you don't have one. I would take everything that you can off of the motherboard(NB HSF etc) and spray at/under all the chips/sockets. Not after that, blast at everything with compressed air. Even though it'll look dry, there will be water left in places with little air flow.

There is no way the hose was on there right to begin with, because as others have said, if 1/2" hose is clamped down tightly on 1/2" barbs with worm drive clamps, it will not leak or come off.

This is why after I set up a loop, I physically move around and gently tug at things to make sure nothing leaks. I don't just rely on not seeing anything leaking. And of late I have been leaktesting with air pressure at about 10psi which really helps given the greater pressure.

My rig is back up and running, Just had to dry the motherboard real good this time :)

I guess I been lucky this time.

Thanks all for the help.

My rig is back up and running, Just had to dry the motherboard real good this time :)

I guess I been lucky this time.

Thanks all for the help.
Glad to hear that it is still working for you :thup:

Back