• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when do i know water needs cleaning/refilling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omniskillz

its been a little over a month. and im seeing a very slight greenish color, is it time to drain and refill? or should i be waiting til i see like alge on the reservoir or tubing? or maybe some particles?

thanks!

i used hy-per lube super coolant and that has green tint.

wouldn't hurt I guess but is it effecting temps?...if not then thers not much point.

The green tint is probably just from the antifreeze you added. Unless there is stuff floating around in the system or the tubing is coated with something foreign (as opposed to just being cloudy which Vinyl tubing will do), you don't need to change the coolant. It would be a good idea to put some iodine & pond algaecide into the loop to prevent this.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I like to have little pets in my rig, its like an aquarium. :)

HAHA Honestly though, I kinda wana just put tap water in and see what little critters I can muster.

been using boiled 15 min and let to sit 24h water for the last 2 years with no additive and I've hit no growth, change coolant every 6 months cause it takes me 15-30 min to drain/rinse/fill and bleed but I've never had any problems...possibly just been lucky or my city tap is good.

I used distilled water, didn't use anything other then coolant. Checked last night, had a little bit of growth in the "t-line res"
Time for spring cleaning!

I used distilled water, didn't use anything other then coolant. Checked last night, had a little bit of growth in the "t-line res"
Time for spring cleaning!

how long u been running it?

Back