• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Active memory cooling question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzy0627

Hello I was wondering If anyone knows if thermaltake active memory cooling is for 2 ram chips or just 1....I see that orange heatsink/fan fits on one, then do you get a blue heatsink to go on the othe ram stick???

http://www.thermaltake.com/

Thanks Ron

Im not sure - looks like it comes with 2. but if you have really nice airflow through your case, then i would just grab 2 heat spreaders instead of that kit thing. The fan wouldn't really make a different if a nice amount of air is being pushed through your case.

I heard the heat spreaders were to big.....becuase the memmory is to close together is this true?

The Active Memory kit is for 1 stick(front and back) of ram. The fan will cover the rest of your DIMM slots. For all the other sticks you need to purchase the regular heat spreaders. Each heat spreader kit comes with enough for 1 stick(front and back) of ram and some video memory heatsinks too.

Has anybody who has bought this (or similar) memory cooling kits seen any improovement in memory overclocking speeds?

Ive seen people making large heatsinked spreaders (macci) to overclock there memory more, will a small peice of alluminium make much diference.

Please post how memory cooling affected your overclocking (even if it didnt), memory type and voltage.

I dont want to buy any of these unless they work.

p.s. did you use tape or epoxy to attach them.

Thanks allot

Back