• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me quiet my MCP655-B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gangaskan

what can i do to silence this beast?

currently, i have it externally, and its the loudest thing in my room :(

at the moment, its screwed into a old desk, and inbetween the screw, mounting plate, wood i have rubber washers that help a ton, but the pump noise is just way too loud.

if it is making that much noise either the pump is defective or it hasnt worked all of the air out of the pump.

I have had one of these pumps and have found that once the air is gone, the churning noise stops and then I cant even hear it above the 4 22dba fans I have in the case

either that or your room is dead silent ;)

all the air is gone actually, i have 2 yates on that rad and quiet fans in case :)

also, my gaming rig has 4 delta's all PWM controlled :) my fans get pretty quiet once turned down.

its actually a strange noise, it might be from when i didnt bleed it well at first? i'm 100% sure no bubbles or air is in my line this was my first T line and i had somewhat of a problem putting water in the line and making sure the water was getting airless (if thats a term lol)

Take the pump and unscrew it from the desk and hold it in your hand while running and see how loud it is. If the pump is transmitting vibrations to the desk, it will greatly amplify the noise. If it is quiet when you are holding it, then the mounting is the problem. I don't have a D5, but with my DDC in my wooden computer case, I have it sitting on a piece of memory foam which works very well. If I screw it into the case at all, it sounds about 5 times louder.

Take the pump and unscrew it from the desk and hold it in your hand while running and see how loud it is. If the pump is transmitting vibrations to the desk, it will greatly amplify the noise. If it is quiet when you are holding it, then the mounting is the problem. I don't have a D5, but with my DDC in my wooden computer case, I have it sitting on a piece of memory foam which works very well. If I screw it into the case at all, it sounds about 5 times louder.

i'll check that out when i get home :)

If you have that pump bolted to the case, unbolted and let it sit on foam or cloth. That's if it doesn't casue problem for you. Try avoiding putting to close to metal panels.

WOW that did make the difference :) its as quiet as my fans! whoooo haha

now, could i enclose it in some foam? right now i got it on a egg cart like shipping package box material also, should i be more worried about it being a fire hazard if i box it in?

If you have that pump bolted to the case, unbolted and let it sit on foam or cloth. That's if it doesn't casue problem for you. Try avoiding putting to close to metal panels.

Repeated isn't it?

WOW that did make the difference :) its as quiet as my fans! whoooo haha

now, could i enclose it in some foam? right now i got it on a egg cart like shipping package box material also, should i be more worried about it being a fire hazard if i box it in?

I wouldn't box it in as that really isn't necessary, and the pump does give off some heat into the air. Go by a mattress shop and get a free memory foam sample. I have found that it is the best thing to deaden vibration.

I'm glad to be able to chip in a solution for you. I wouldn't have known this myself had it not been for my wood case endeavors.

Back