• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to kill someone at paypal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
basically, i bought a phone a while back locally, brought it home and found out it was reported stolen by verizon..natually the person i bought it from dissapeared. So- i sold it on ebay to recoup some loss, and in the auction i made it very clear it couldnt be activated because it had been reported stolen, ebay had no problem with the auction and theres still plenty of such phones being sold there today!
exactl 45 days after she bought the item she filed a dispute (last day)
the buye never made any attempt to contact me nor would she respond to any of my emails. she also escalted it right after filling so i couldnt input the situation. today the charge was reverested in her favour, i called paypal and they explained that obviously im not trustworthy and stole the phone, so im out $220 + ebay fees. How can i appeal? by providing a receipt from where i got the phone..nifty

basically, i bought a phone a while back locally, brought it home and found out it was reported stolen by verizon..natually the person i bought it from dissapeared. So- i sold it on ebay to recoup some loss, and in the auction i made it very clear it couldnt be activated because it had been reported stolen, ebay had no problem with the auction and theres still plenty of such phones being sold there today!
exactl 45 days after she bought the item she filed a dispute (last day)
the buye never made any attempt to contact me nor would she respond to any of my emails. she also escalted it right after filling so i couldnt input the situation. today the charge was reverested in her favour, i called paypal and they explained that obviously im not trustworthy and stole the phone, so im out $220 + ebay fees. How can i appeal? by providing a receipt from where i got the phone..nifty

How much did you pay for the phone? What does the same model cost at a Verizon store?

no kidding, jesus why resell something you know was stolen? ebay is a ****hole and the fact that they allow you to sell something you BOTH KNOW IS STOLEN is retarded.

I dont see how you can be surprised. I would find the SOB if hes local and settle it. Or report him for selling stolen goods.

ok first off, when you found out the phone was reported stolen WHY DID YOU RESELL IT?

sorry but I have no sympathy there.

Just because everyone else speeds, doesnt wear a seatbelt or sells stolen merch on fleabay doesnt change the fact that it is still illegal.

He said that the auction page informed the buyer it was stolen.

Ebay cares only about what their "cut" is not what is really legal in the actions you take. It should have been a matter of integrity. While you are at a loss, at least see to it that the original owner gets their property back. Isn't that the root of the problem you find yourself in?

He said that the auction page informed the buyer it was stolen.

It doesn't matter if you infrom or not if the item is stolen you can not resell stolen goods. If someone puts in their listing that they are selling stolen goods then that person is utter idiot.

ebay kills me, they dont care if its right or wrong as long as they get their cut, they dont care its stolen and they dont care people cant figure out they'll get the shaft for it. I dont deal with ebay, an organization that is that dishonest will never see a penny of mine.

It doesn't matter if you infrom or not if the item is stolen you can not resell stolen goods. If someone puts in their listing that they are selling stolen goods then that person is utter idiot.

Add to that I would think the person on ebay whom bought the phone, knowing it was hot, could face some legal troubles as well. I think she could be hit as an accessory to theft, as could you d94, but I dunno, laws differ everywhere. Since its a relatively low dollar item the cops probably don't care, but it sounds like everybody involved, including eBay, broke a law. I don't know what advice to give you, except maybe just forget about the whole thing and be more careful in the future?

You're a great trader, but you do know that it's a crime to transfer known stolen property, let alone sell it?

reselling stolen goods is a federal crime, no matter how one looks at it. consider yourself lucky you got out of it easy.

police does not sell "stolen goods", they sell "no longer relevant evidence material" :p

reselling stolen goods is a federal crime, no matter how one looks at it. consider yourself lucky you got out of it easy.

police does not sell "stolen goods", they sell "no longer relevant evidence material" :p

:rolleyes:

I'm surprised. Selling the stolen phone was a pretty amateur move... and d94 is a pro!

paypal is stupid, i only use it cause im forced to if i want to make transactions online.

ive had like 6 things revered that ive bought/sold. all where total BS and cost me over 2k in fees

the fact is... if a credit card company does a recall. paypal will ALWAYS side with them, if the cc used to pay was stolen, you are out the money cause paypal wont take the lose they put it on you.

paypal is stupid, i only use it cause im forced to if i want to make transactions online.

ive had like 6 things revered that ive bought/sold. all where total BS and cost me over 2k in fees

the fact is... if a credit card company does a recall. paypal will ALWAYS side with them, if the cc used to pay was stolen, you are out the money cause paypal wont take the lose they put it on you.

Yeah... I have mixed feelings about them. Whenever I receive a paypal item from something I've sold I always spend the cash, as another paypal payment, IMMEDIATELY so that at least I'm not left holding the bag.

I just tried to sell my Xbox360 to a guy from Germany that REALLY wound up being a scammer from Nigeria. He was alledgedly going to put $620 into my paypal account and I was curious on how he was going to pull THAT scam off. (Apparently he just SAID he put the money in, and really didn't, and I was hoping I was just a complete idiot and would go ahead and send off my Xbox 360 and all my games anyway.)

If I had gotten the money I would've used paypal to buy something off Buy.com immediately, then, when the time came, I would've just explained everything that happened and showed paypal the copies of all the transactions and emails.

Back