• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

congrats UPS guy that stole my eeepc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tc3 Toad

so, I was expecting to get my eeepc today that I ordered from newegg. I got the eeepc box only. It was completely empty. Looking at the bottom of the ups box the tape has been removed and reapplied. My mom was home when the package arrived so it did not happen after it was delivered. Called newegg and another on is on its way. Still ****ed that someone AT UPS would steal my laptop. I'm 99% sure it wasn't our local driver because we've known him for 15 years.

Anyway just wanted to vent. I can no longer support ups.

I had the same thing with my RMA'd 7800gt. Empty box with tape on it. And what do you know, it was even UPS ;)

well just to be realistic .. it could have been anyone from newegg to the ups man. first person to touch it to the last person (yes including you :D )

FedEx FTW

J/k it could happen with any company i'm sure, I just hate UPS with a passion. Hope you get your item soon. :beer:

Last edited:
so, I was expecting to get my eeepc today that I ordered from newegg. I got the eeepc box only. It was completely empty. Looking at the bottom of the ups box the tape has been removed and reapplied. My mom was home when the package arrived so it did not happen after it was delivered. Called newegg and another on is on its way. Still ****ed that someone AT UPS would steal my laptop. I'm 99% sure it wasn't our local driver because we've known him for 15 years.

Anyway just wanted to vent. I can no longer support ups.

Whoever stole it didnt know it wasnt a performance monster, so you pretty much pwned them. :beer: I hate UPS, they steal everything. :bang head:mad:

Not to mention the outstanding service on Newegg's part...

I too have known my local UPS guy for a while, but mostly hear only bad things about them from other members. No problems for me so far.

it was full, the cardboard insert was in the eee's box but no papers no cd no eeepc. :(

Edit: got an email from newegg. One is being shipped out tomarrow with next day service.

Last edited:
it was full, the cardboard insert was in the eee's box but no papers no cd no eeepc. :(

Edit: got an email from newegg. One is being shipped out tomarrow with next day service.

Did you tell them you just got an empty box? Im surprised they didnt look into it more.

Did you tell them you just got an empty box? Im surprised they didnt look into it more.

I would wager that they carry enough weight with UPS, that UPS will rectify the situation.

NewEgg's operations management is top-notch and it shows in their customer service - I don't know anything about them internally, but I can guarantee that their customer service is a reflection of how good their internal processes are. Similar to how restrooms reflect on the orderliness of a kitchen in a restaraunt.

I'm not saying mistakes can't happen, but I feel pretty certain that whatever happened occurred after the item left the NewEgg facility. UPS operations are pretty amazing, but they have to contend with many more factors due to the nature of the shipping business.

that is a blow to ups... at least newegg is rectifying the situation

i've never had a problem with ups... although we have a new guy every three months for some reason

The way UPS handles packages it probably would've been broken had you received it anyways. :p

I just hate UPS with a passion. Hope you get your item soon. :beer:

I'm really getting tired of UPS myself, the last 4 UPS ground deliveries to my home have been between 6PM to 9PM.

Fedex home delivery has their act together, they always come before 5PM, usually in the morning, and a couple weeks ago they delivered a Fedex home delivery on a Saturday, the sender did not have to pay extra for a Sat. delivery.

So whenever possible, I will be trying to avoid UPS ground and I WILL be avoiding USPS 'select' parcel post like a plague. That's the worst service on earth, it can take a month to get to you, even if the package is only travelling from one town away. The last USPS 'select' parcel post sat in my local post office for nearly two weeks before they decided to get off their duffets and deliver the package. I tried twice to get it at the post office, they told me it was in a pile with other 'parcel post select' parcels, and they couldn't retrieve it. But it will be delivered before the 30 days are up. :bang head

ive only had one semi bad experience with ups ... maybe i'm lucky?

pics of when ikickyou sent me some yates :p

S6300450.JPG

note ihad opened the box after i took these but that one was like that when i got it.

S6300448.JPG

S6300451.JPG

i mean what the heck? it looks like they put a safe on top of the box while it was on its side

I have things sent to work because the UPS guy who goes to my apartment just sucks. Twice he's made a delivery attempt (at 7:30pm or later) and left an infonotice, I waited around the next day, nothing, no notice or anything, then on the third day, got a 'final attempt' notice. Checking the tracking said 'delivery attempted' when I was home. Screw that.

As I'm typing this, the 'work' driver is unloading some boxes for the tile place next door. they have big red 'FRAGILE' stickers on them, he's throwing them on his handtruck from a height of about 4 feet. Nice.

luckily at work we have a good ups guy, hell, he loves slickdeals haha! we have chatted before about it because he saw me pull it up one day

Back