• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

icebox resevoir woes : (

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chop_wood

i totally didnt see the warning on the website i bought my iceboxhttp://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=318&products_id=22693 . Apparently it says
PLEASE NOTE: Using Hydrx voids the warranty. Hydrx will cause a problem with the adhesive. The only recommended coolants are PC ICE or plain distilled water.
..i dont have hydrx however tonight less than 2 months after purchasing a nice new res to replace my old one, i notice a trickle from my system. My first leak! NOOOO! :bang head all the seams glue dissolved into gunky crap floating in the res and all the seams were slowely leaking... haha.. well i got a alphacool repack in the mail now. least it looks cleanable if it gets any residues. that shouldnt be any problems with distilled water/%20prestone/dye and a dab of anti algae right?

wow that sucks.a res that leaks if you add coolant is well...useless.i would be a little worried about it gunking up your pump and blocks.

The repak is a great looking res, really like mine. No seams to worry about so your solution will be fine.

I see from your sig you have a D5 which is a high output pump. I assume you are planning to do the repak high flow mod?

but they're so pretty ;] ...

really man, a T is easy... bleeds great, simple fillin' ... these companies are jes making $$$ offa unnecessary equpt
Each has their place. I'm assuming you have used a res before. They are extremely easy to bleed and you rarely have to fill them.

what the heck are they using to glue that together then? You are supposed to solvent weld acrylic. That way you end up with just acrylic, no extra crap. Way to go people who don't know how to work acrylic.

Take it apart, clean the edges- and find yourself a good tutorial on solvent welding :) Gotta watch it though, I bet they used inferior building techniques which cause gaps too large to solvent weld.

I see from your sig you have a D5 which is a high output pump. I assume you are planning to do the repak high flow mod?

just set it up,i see what you mean, wasnt really thinking about it - just had to find something i knew didnt have cheap glue holding it together lol.. too bad i didnt see the mod before i put water back in. :-/ ... well guess i have to find my drill.

..... it would be a waste not to make use of the 7x5.25 bays.its all about the bling.

That is pitiful. They shouldn't give away some garbage res like that, much less sell it. This is why reservoirs get a bad name-because of stupid companies that put out junk. Hydra-x, or any other normal additive (without alcohol, of course) should have no effect whatsoever.

+1 for the Swiftech microres, or in my case, +1 for my own custom made res I made the right way with my own two hands out of 1/4" cast acrylic.

Back