• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody bought from TheCameraProfessionals.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are certain patterns in those reviews on ratingsplanet that lead me to be 99% confident that the majority of them are shills. I won't say exactly what they are because I don't want to help them become more unrecognizable, but suffice to say, RR is correct.

I can tell you right now without any reviews, searching , experience with that vendor, or any of that, that you should RUN from that purchase. There is NO WAY that you can get a 40D body for $399.

I would suspect a used, as is 40D body for $800.

The going best price for a 40D body only is around $1100.

Shop cart and ratings planet are scam sites-check up on them you will see in many forums they are exposed as such.

Last edited:
Also...check out their location:
http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?n=camera+professionals&add=&c=&st=&z=

Brooklyn - the location of many many camera scams.

These guys where mildy tricky and tried to hide that - whois lookup
Domain Discreet
ATTN: thecameraprofessionals.com
P.O. Box 278
Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
CA

Email: [email protected]

Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: thecameraprofessionals.com

Created on..............: Thu, Apr 05, 2007
Expires on..............: Sat, Apr 05, 2008

Record last updated on..: Sat, Nov 10, 2007
Registered from PO Box in Canada, site only registered for one year. Scam it is.

Yes indeed... too good to be true :(.

Now that I look at it again, I'd rather trust RR than anybody else with similar "pleasant experience" reviews.

BTW, nice catch Omsion! I forgot to check BBB.

Back