• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GACK! GPU block does not fit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wreckwriter

This nice fancy Swiftech Stealth waterblock I was so pleased with has a small problem- it doesn't fit. Hole pattern is way off. The site I bought it on and Swiftech's own website both say it fits GTS also but it ain't so. I had a bad feeling when the box said "GTX and Ultra", now its confirmed, its does not fit GTS

Now I need another GPU block. Can you guys please give me your opinion on the best block for 8800 GTS (EVGA in this case) which uses 1/2" fittings?

Thanks again.

What GTS do you have? There is the 320/640 and the 512. The 320/640 have the same mounts, but are VASTLY different than the 512.

I think that block was released well before the 512, so they are referring to the 320/640.

The block that I used was the MCW-60, it is a direct cooling solution (not full cover) and I used heatsinks to cover everything else.

Pics caused it happened :)

Yea, just tweaks me that it wasn't mentioned on the site or even the manufacturer's site. Oh well, live and learn, and return :)

Back