• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A quick game of name the block.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

I got this off ebay in a job lot and I have no idea what the name of this block is. Im looking for some info on it.
All I know is its a swiftech and its for socket 940.
P1010024.jpg

If you know what its called then please post it. :D
Thanks in advance.

any idea how to clean these things? iv taken all the screws out of the bottom and its not coming apart.

I think its a bit gunked up....
0987654311s.jpg 098765431s.jpg
would it be ok to soak this in vinegar or something as i cant see any plastic. unless thers a rubber o-ring in there.

When I looked at the barbs, I saw that they were green. My thought was that there was something growing in there. But there might have been reaction to mixed metals.

The block might come apart if you would apply some pressure to the base. Probably the stuff on the inside holds it pretty well.

When I looked at the barbs, I saw that they were green. My thought was that there was something growing in there. But there might have been reaction to mixed metals.

The block might come apart if you would apply some pressure to the base. Probably the stuff on the inside holds it pretty well.

ok.....i just ran it through with hot water and a few bits came out.
is it possible to get rid the copper back to near original state? rendering the block usable at some point.

I've used a product here in the States called CLR, Calcium Lime Rust remover, not sure if it's available in the UK.

If you have any jewelers close by, stop and ask if the would clean it in their sonic cleaner, for a small fee most likely.

It could be possible to restore it to origianl state but it would depend on what condition is block now. As it was mentioned clr could make copper shinny again.

I've used a product here in the States called CLR, Calcium Lime Rust remover, not sure if it's available in the UK.

If you have any jewelers close by, stop and ask if the would clean it in their sonic cleaner, for a small fee most likely.

ok...I'll have a look around and see if I can find it anywhere.

that is seriously nasty. I don't know if you are going to get that into a condition that you would want to use it regardless of what you do. This is not to mention that it really isn't going to work very well on the current generation of processors, as the MCW6002, the successor to this block, performed rather poorly in Niksub's testing.

that is seriously nasty. I don't know if you are going to get that into a condition that you would want to use it regardless of what you do. This is not to mention that it really isn't going to work very well on the current generation of processors, as the MCW6002, the successor to this block, performed rather poorly in Niksub's testing.

Im just cleaning it up to sell.

i got a couple untrasonic cleaners and some good cleaning solution at work. where in the uk are ya. im way down south on the coast.
robert dyas are also sellin ultrasonic cleaners at the moment. great for small bits n bobs

i got a couple untrasonic cleaners and some good cleaning solution at work. where in the uk are ya. im way down south on the coast.
robert dyas are also sellin ultrasonic cleaners at the moment. great for small bits n bobs

im in gloucestershire. not close enough to road trip it. Id rather not pay to clean these but it is tempting.
how much is ur average ultrasonic cleaner?

the on in robert dyas is £25. the one i use at work was £200.
you might even get one cheaper off ebay. there used for all kinds of things. the small cheaper one should do the job

the on in robert dyas is £25. the one i use at work was £200.
you might even get one cheaper off ebay. there used for all kinds of things. the small cheaper one should do the job

I'll have to look into it.

Back