• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a water cooling kit.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th3 F4ll3n P1mp

Disabled
I am looking for a good watercooling kit that is about 250 bucks tops. It needs to cool a quad, and maybe sli gts, but that wont really work too well. So a kit for quad, and a kit for 2 gts 512.

I looked at the h20-220 on newegg, and I saw some pretty horrible things about that cooler, thats why im thinking about other coolers.

Take newegg reviews with a grain of salt, consider those people not in one way technically inclined.

Yeah, but it wasnt really about technical stuff, it also about the product having defective parts, screws that dont fit, the tubing being too hard, the tubing breaking, etc.

How do you know this person used the screw in the right place? how do you know this person used the right coolant?

Don't be surprised by how numb newegg reviewers are.

Or better yet- how does tubing BREAK? It doesn't break without somebody screwing it up, Either sticking it in the oven to make it more flexible(noob logic, right :p), taking a notch out of it, a whole other host of ways to screw the tubing up. Besides, I don't even see where swiftech includes a backplate.

Or better yet- how does tubing BREAK? It doesn't break without somebody screwing it up, Either sticking it in the oven to make it more flexible(noob logic, right :p), taking a notch out of it, a whole other host of ways to screw the tubing up. Besides, I don't even see where swiftech includes a backplate.

Someone put it in boiled water to soften it lmfao.

Just pick individual parts yourself.

Thats what I was thinking.

i always put my tubing in very warm (not boiling) water to help get them on
diy parts is the way to go.. but swiftech for a kit

We'll ship it right out, yessir, no problem. Don't bother getting up, we hate to see you strain. Figure it out. I can think of 20 different new systems in the last 45 days that were purchased with our input.

You have to think Mr Pimp, use your brain.

I would also recommend a Swiftech kit, if you are dead set on a kit. Most of the parts are top shelf anyway.

I am looking for a good watercooling kit that is about 250 bucks tops. It needs to cool a quad, and maybe sli gts, but that wont really work too well. So a kit for quad, and a kit for 2 gts 512.

For a quad and 2 GTS? not for $250. Not only do you need the GPU blocks you also need to take care of the ram. $250 is very doable for a CPU only loop, but 2 vid cards makes it tough. If you get the fill coverage blocks you're talking $120 each one for the vid cards.

Cheap
$85 MCP655 pump
$55 MRC320 Rad
$20 radbox
$20 Microres
$60 Dtek FuZion CPU Block
$10 Dtek Nozzle kit
$90 2x Dtek FuZion GPU block
$80 2x Iandh ram and vreg sinks (or $60 for generic ramsinks)
$5 for 10' of 7/16 Mastaklear (seals better and is much cheaper than 1/2" tygon)
$5 for some tube coils for the tight turns
$15 for 12 worm drive clamps
$6 for a tube of MX2
$10 for water additive

There is no such thing as good cheap water cooling.

Here's a decent setup for $300 http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecosliba.html still have to worry about the ram and vreg sinks for the vid cards, and the apogee GT and maze 5s don't perform as good as the FuZions

Last edited:
I recommend:
3x120 mm radaitor -OR- two 2x120 mm radiators
2x mcw60s
1x mcp655 or comparable pump
1x Apogee series block or D-Tek Fuzion
Using a 1.5" T with reduced to 1/2 inch fittings. The kit james said is a good start. And how the hell can silicon or vinyl (I'm pretty sure) tubing break or crack?

Last edited:
Quoted from sidewindercomputers.com

wet.JPG

It can be cheaper if you would go for T line instead of resevoir. There also something like drive 350 pump/cpu block which might bring price down. The majore bad thing about drive 350 it might be loud as it spreads vibrations through case and makes it sound much louder than it is.

Last edited:
Back