• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are watercooling kits anygood

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DomoRawks

Your having trouble with the Zalman? I hate those, even when installed perfect they suck IMO. Unless you want to build your own kit, might just try a tuniq tower, or something along those lines?

I have seen the gigabyte one in person, but it was not on a quad, i doubt it would cool it good enough to OC much.

Watercooling done right always gives better temps. It does cost more than a great air cooler setup but again better temps. It's the amount of research (week or so) deciding what to buy and making sure you cover all the bases to install it properly.

Those two kits you listed are garbage and will go bad soon and are very poor performers.

If you just want to cool the CPU you can get in with a very nice setup for about $250. It's all parts, from the hose clamps to the thermal paste. No one store sells a kit like that, but it's very easy to do once you hang out and read for a few days, then ask questions once you understand the basics.

Back