• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Components

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dedrick

I'm looking to get water cooling and I was wondering exactly what parts are required. I see that theres pumps, waterblocks, radiators, and graphics waterblocks. I'm not having any problems with the cooling on my video card, so I want worry about getting that. What kind of setup would everyone recommend for a system like this:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
RAM: 2x1GB of DDR2 667 (haven't had any memory cooling issues)
GFX: Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX (haven't had any cooling issues)
MB: Asus P5LD2
Case: CoolMaster Stacker 820

I only overclock the CPU to 3.0GHz, which seems to have a somewhat high temperature, but nothing excessive. I planed ahead when I bought my case, since I thought I might switch to water cooling sooner or later, so I don't believe the case would cause any problems (very large case - practically needs wheels). I've got around $200 to spend.

Hmm, can you bump it up to $250? For a really solid kit $250 is a great start.

Basically you'll need to read all the stickies and peruse the last 3-4 pages of posts in this section then you'll have a great idea what you need. Also, xtreme forums has a great selection of WC stickies and some of the TOP WC pros over there.

I feel it's best ya do that first, so when we start making recommendations and tips you'll have a great idea of what we are talking about.

I also have the E6600, look at my temps in my sig. The Mobo won't let me go higher, my temps can take a lot more.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=369416

It's usually best to just start simple with a CPU block, pump, and radiator. The Fuzion CPU block, D5 pump, and a double radiator (a.k.a. a 120.2, dual 120mm radiator, etc) would work well for you. If you want to cool the GPU as well, I'd suggest something like the MCW60. Full cover waterblocks are rarely usable on more than one family of cards (and sometimes only on one card) which makes them very expensive in the long run.

After looking around a bit, how do these parts sound:
Laing D5
Dtek Fuzion
Blackice Extreme 2/3

Back