• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clear UV dye?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

Do they sell any clear UV dyes? I need it to be perfectly clear for a college project we're working on. Every group needs to fill up snapple bottles with water and move them with a conveyor belt. We want to do this, then at the end light up the bottles with UV LED's to make each bottle a different color, or just surprise everyone with having the water suddenly turn green etc.

thanks

I used invisible blue from frozencpu.com and with the ratio I used it was indeed clear.
Maybe check there?

Tonic Water will glow under black lights. It's pretty clear and if you let it go flat it looks just like plain water.

you could try some dye-lite. it has a slight yellow color in bottle, but only at real high concentrations. You only need 3-4 drops in a liter and it will show up nicely under UV without any noticeable discoloration.

Back