• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie needing Watercooling Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DomoRawks

I've been having some trouble with my Q6600, more specificaly the cooler for it.

My current one just isnt working, I've actualy underclocked it to 2ghz now and it still gets rather hot running F@H as a single thread, ie one core at a time.

I've looked for new ones that are supposed to keep it cool, but most seem to be rated "Jet Engine" as noise at 6 feet...

So I thought, how about water?
I've water cooled before, but it was a system I just bought from a friend.
I suggested the following
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...Galaxy+II+Liquid+Cooling+Kit+?productId=28251
But was told it would be a bit crappy.

So, I need some help.

Essentialy, I want designs for two systems.

The first, a cheap as possible Q6600 keep cooler, the only stipulations being 1/2" tubing and fittings so I can, over time upgrade incrementaly, and if at all possible a molex powered pump, I've had a mains one before, I sometimes forgot to plug it in, my family never remembered.

The second system, is, well, a good Q6600 cooler, that can easily have NB/SB blocks added and so forth as time goes on.

Hope someone can help.

Should never go "cheap" when water cooling. In fact you can get air cooling that is not very noisy and better than cheap water cooling.

I do not know that kit you listed, or how well it performs.

What exactly is your budget for this?

Back