• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Intel 815E Pro (MS-6337)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nucro

How about this board? I see people speking of Abit ST6 and GB but no one mentioned this board . Sharky's review says good things about the board. But it seemed to me the review was too optimistic. Here ie the review : MSI

I had the 815EPT Pro for a few weeks, which is virtually identical with the 815EP Pro, but supports Tualatin, and it was very stable and overclocking friendly. I had it up and running at the maximum 166 MHz FSB without problems.
But I have to admit, that it doesn't have as much OC features as the Abit and the GB(to be precise it lacks FSB over 166 MHz and that's all that makes it worse than the other two). But I think it's a good board for overclocking.

Hi nucro,
Well, if you're looking for a Mobo with advanced OCing features and good support, forget this way, go with Abit.
I'm not satisfied at all, there are a lot of Bios bugs, known since long time by Msi, but they prefer to sell new Mobos, not support old model of one years old! and also, I'm sure which is the Mobo that doesn't let go my Cellie2 900Mhz @1.2Ghz (Fsb@133Mhz), even if absolutly stable with stock voltage (1.75v) @1123Mhz (Fsb@124Mhz), coz I've tested everything.

I hope it helps you ;)

Ok, thanks for the answers.
I think I'll go with Abit then, but still thinking of gigabyte also
I wish I could find a good review on both of these boards.

We use these boards in our non overclocked systems for work and they are fast boards that run stable but I dont think i would like to overclock with one

I must admit that the performance of this Mobo are really good, infact this was the reason of my choice, but I remark that, from my point of wiev, is not made for the OC thing, too many probs.

My opinion

I still have the MSI 6309 V2.0B
Very stable no problems.

NO Vio adj. :(

...and the last thing

Both cpu's i o\c stopped at 147fsb !!!
(No pci cards on it...and Corsair PC150 CAS2 running as CAS3)

1)P3-550E@808
2)P3-1000EB@1102

Incidental?

Back