• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antic 900 water cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe I would also reposition the rad as it doesn't look to me like it is going to get good airflow where it is currently sitting.

Also, the T-line would work a lot better if it was right before the inlet facing up vertically than coming out of the side like it is. Frankly I don't see how it is bleeding air at all as it currently is.

That case looks like it doesn't leave a lot of room to work with and seems kind of tight.

my temps are at 35c so that is not bad and that is over clocked to 3.7 ghz from 2.66 so it could be colder the radiator works good on top i know i need to redo the t but it works for now and it is keeping the computer cool the radiator wont fit on the back without blocking my video card and if i moved it up then it would stick up above the case and i dont what that it works good the way it is just need to do something about the t.

my temps are at 35c so that is not bad and that is over clocked to 3.7 ghz from 2.66 so it could be colder the radiator works good on top i know i need to redo the t but it works for now and it is keeping the computer cool the radiator wont fit on the back without blocking my video card and if i moved it up then it would stick up above the case and i dont what that it works good the way it is just need to do something about the t.

Well as long as the rad it cooling fine, then there is no imperative to "fix it."

If you have managed to get the system bled, then just leave the T alone until next time you drain the loop. The T however is going to work a lot better if it is coming up vertically instead of out of the side like it is. You can simply move it to right before the inlet.

i just got done with my case and it was a pain. since i did have the mobo out, i went ahead and dremeled some holes so i can run my wires around back, you may wanna take a look into that to give yourself a little room inside. it looks good though bud. when you get a chance, relocate your t-line and i would try to make some brackets so you can offset your rad a few inches from the back of your case, kinda like this guy did,
CAM_1012_800x600.JPG

here is a few pics of mine
DSC00063.jpg
DSC00071.jpg

Well as long as the rad it cooling fine, then there is no imperative to "fix it."

If you have managed to get the system bled, then just leave the T alone until next time you drain the loop. The T however is going to work a lot better if it is coming up vertically instead of out of the side like it is. You can simply move it to right before the inlet.

ya i know i needed to do that. i just didn't think about putting it right before the inlet that is a good idea i would have liked the fill point to come out the case that is the only reason i put it there will fix it when i drain it.
thanks...

i just got done with my case and it was a pain. since i did have the mobo out, i went ahead and dremeled some holes so i can run my wires around back, you may wanna take a look into that to give yourself a little room inside. it looks good though bud. when you get a chance, relocate your t-line and i would try to make some brackets so you can offset your rad a few inches from the back of your case, kinda like this guy did,
CAM_1012_800x600.JPG

here is a few pics of mine
DSC00063.jpg
DSC00071.jpg

i am going to be gitting a new power supply here soon. so i dint want to hide wires yet tell i got it, and some of the wires i have now are to short to reach where they need to go if i where to run them behind mother board tray.
so have to wate tell i get it to fix it.

Not to be rude, but the radiator... just looks horrible on top. +1 for moving it.

Other than that, nice job and nice rig! :)

i would recommend getting a modular PSU. well worth it. my buddy uses the one that came with his stacker and that is such a freaking pain. i need to pull everything from my case and dremel some bigger holes to hide everything better, but good luck bud. i love the 900, but it is so cramped now. lol.

+1 for modular.

The antec 900 is still hard to manage even with a modular PSU. Mine looks about the same with a modular PSU than it did with a regular one.

i would recommend getting a modular PSU. well worth it. my buddy uses the one that came with his stacker and that is such a freaking pain. i need to pull everything from my case and dremel some bigger holes to hide everything better, but good luck bud. i love the 900, but it is so cramped now. lol.

Jinu, I am mounting my radiator like yours, still planning my bracketing. If you don't mind, did you fabricate your brackets for the triple radiator? If so, what material and method of bending. How far away from the back of your case is the radiator?

Thanks!

Edit- just reread your post, I guess the one I'm asking about is not yours. Sorry..

no worries bud, i just found that pic, however i do have a friend that copied that layout. he basically too 2 "L" brackets, a straight piece of metal, and connected them together. worked great. not as pretty as that pic, however does the same job.

no worries bud, i just found that pic, however i do have a friend that copied that layout. he basically too 2 "L" brackets, a straight piece of metal, and connected them together. worked great. not as pretty as that pic, however does the same job.

Thanks. I was able to source some 1/8" aluminum channel, long leg 2", ends 1/2", cut to 1/2' width, but I'm afraid that 2" won't be far enough out to give me clearance for video cable etc.. I'll have them tonight so will find out then, just hoping to get some advance word on whether they'll be my answer or not.

Thanks. I was able to source some 1/8" aluminum channel, long leg 2", ends 1/2", cut to 1/2' width, but I'm afraid that 2" won't be far enough out to give me clearance for video cable etc.. I'll have them tonight so will find out then, just hoping to get some advance word on whether they'll be my answer or not.

what you may wanna try, depending on where your comp is, is use the middle part of the rad. that may give you clearance, however you will have the top part sticking out. i wouldnt recommend anything longer than 2" maybe 2.5" either, the longer they get, the stronger they need to be otherwise they can bend and that could be bad news too.

what you may wanna try, depending on where your comp is, is use the middle part of the rad. that may give you clearance, however you will have the top part sticking out. i wouldnt recommend anything longer than 2" maybe 2.5" either, the longer they get, the stronger they need to be otherwise they can bend and that could be bad news too.

Yea, I may have to try that. The brackets I got tonight are nowhere nearly long enough to mount it the way I had planned. I need the middle leg of the brackets to be 4 inches or so to mount it with the top level with case top or I'll never get the video cable on.

I know I can't bend aluminum bar stock to 90 degrees without cracking it; brass maybe but could sag, steel maybe but I hate using steel for anything.

IMG_1450.jpg

my lan rig and Yup its tight in their lol. The blocks mounting bolts touch the rad. The heatsink on the back of the card touches the cooler for my OCZ ram.

I know i gotta do some wire management but oh well its a lan rig nto my every day rig so most of the time its just sitting.

43 nice rig. How did you pain the insdie of the case and what brand of paint did you use?

IMG_1450.jpg

my lan rig and Yup its tight in their lol. The blocks mounting bolts touch the rad. The heatsink on the back of the card touches the cooler for my OCZ ram.

I know i gotta do some wire management but oh well its a lan rig nto my every day rig so most of the time its just sitting.

43 nice rig. How did you pain the insdie of the case and what brand of paint did you use?

i just used rust-oleum from wal-mart it was like $4. i just took the case apart and painted it and that is it i did not use primer like some people say to use
you dont see that much of the case so i dont think you need to primer just be a wast of time to me but thats just me.

Any chipping on it? How meny coats did you use? You inspired me to paint my antec's inside :)

Any chipping on it? How meny coats did you use? You inspired me to paint my antec's inside :)

i used like 2 or 3 coats and there is like one spot that got ****ed up but that was from a screw when i was moving my case around i set it on the front and one of the plank covers moved around and scratched it but other then that i was fine as long as you are not scraping things against it they you should be fine you can primer it if you want that might help. but i didnt. let me know how it turns out if you paint it.:)

Back