• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WATER COOLING HELP PLEASE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SIDRIZAL

I am very new to this site, and it seems to be very good with all the info i have been reading so far. I am very interested in going to water cooling because of the heat and noise my PC makes. I would like to water cool my cpu, and gcu for sure. I was also thinking of water cooling my ram, and hard drives, but not sure if it is really needed. If you think it would help, that would be great to know so i can buy once, and cry once. I do not have a budget, i have put alot into this PC already and would like to get the full potential out of it with out frying it.

Now this is what i have,

Mother Board - ASUS L1N64-SLI WS Dual L (1207FX)
CPU- 2 each AMD Athlon 64 FX-74 Windsor 3.0GHz 2x1MB L2 Cache Socket F Grafics Card -2 each NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS OC 320mb GDDR3
Power Supply - Xion Super Nova 600 watts
Case is a mid tower willing to cut it up
hard drives are 2 each maxtor SATA 500 gb not raided
LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model

I have been having a hrad time finding a kit to go with, because no one seems to make a kit for the dual chip set. After reading some i have decided to build my own kit. no the problem i am having is trying to find water blocks to fit my mother board for the CPU'S. i found this water block for my GCU http://www.coolerguys.com/840556081289.html, let me know what you think. If anyone could help me out and shed some light on my issue I would be very much appriciative.

My suggestion would be to look at the Apogee blocks for the cpus, Swiftech mcp655 or the Dangerden D5 pump (they're both the same liang pump), and swiftech stealth vga water blocks (Stealth VGA), and I would imagine the polarflo blocks should match up to your chipset (but definitely do your homework first about that, I'm not positive).

For that much load, you're going to want to use a decent triple 120mm radiator and fans. A dual 120mm might cut, not sure. And make sure to go with 1/2" I.D. (3/4"O.D.) Tygon tubing.

These are just suggestions based on what I like to use, so wait and see what the masses have to add in. Somoeone else might have some better ideas, I'm not that familiar with your mobo. :cool:

Btw, you might wanna consider stepping up with your psu, that 600w is awefully small for all that load, especially if you go with a 12v pump.

I have been doing research and i have come up with this kit i have pieced together let me know what you think

cpu Swiftech Apogee GT Extreme Performance block with AM2 Support
gcu Swiftech Stealth VGA Waterblock for nVidia 8800 GTS, GTX and Ultra
pump Swiftech MCP655-B 12v DC Pump w/Tach Sensor
radiator HW Labs Black Ice Pro III Triple 120mm - Black
coolant Feser Aqua - FA - Ultra Pure Water - 1 Liter
resivor Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservoir - Retail w/Revised Mounting Kit

the cpu blocks say they are still testing the f socket one, but i am not finding any other ones that would be good

Last edited:
i did some more research and i think if i get these items i will be in good shape. Let me know if i am heading the right direction

Shopping Cart

HW Labs Black Ice Pro III Triple 120mm - Black x2 DTek High Flow 1/4 BSPP to 1/2. ID Barb $46.95

Swiftech MCP655-B 12v DC Pump w/Tach Sensor $69.95

Swiftech Coolsleeves 625 - Horizon UV Blue $3.25

Swiftech Stealth VGA Waterblock for nVidia 8800 GTS, GTX and Ultra $89.95

HydrX Extreme-Duty UV Coolant $6.00

Herbie Clip® Nylon Hose Clamp Size D - Blue $3.15

KwikCut Advance Tube Cutter - Black $14.95

Swiftech MCW60 G80 adapter kit for nVidia GeForce 8000 series $6.95

Feser Aqua - FA - Ultra Pure Water - 3 Liter $20.85

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservoir - Retail w/Revised Mounting Kit $17.95

Swiftech Apogee GT Extreme Performance block with AM2 Support $83.90

Tygon R3603 1/2in. ID 3/4in. OD Laboratory Tubing 12 ft $35.40

I have been doing research and i have come up with this kit i have pieced together let me know what you think

radiator HW Labs Black Ice Pro III Triple 120mm - Black
coolant Feser Aqua - FA - Ultra Pure Water - 1 Liter

the cpu blocks say they are still testing the f socket one, but i am not finding any other ones that would be good
Only two things I would change.

radiator Swiftech MCR320 Triple 120mm - Black
coolant deionized water/ a couple drops algecide

i did some more research and i think if i get these items i will be in good shape. Let me know if i am heading the right direction

Shopping Cart

HW Labs Black Ice Pro III Triple 120mm - Black x2 DTek High Flow 1/4 BSPP to 1/2. ID Barb $46.95 change to Swiftech MCR320

Swiftech MCP655-B 12v DC Pump w/Tach Sensor $69.95 Good choice, go with DDC 3.1 w/ a top for less noise alternative

Swiftech Coolsleeves 625 - Horizon UV Blue $3.25

Swiftech Stealth VGA Waterblock for nVidia 8800 GTS, GTX and Ultra $89.95 I would go EK for full cover, the Stealth has problems with corrosion

HydrX Extreme-Duty UV Coolant $6.00 $6? wow that is pretty expensive

Herbie Clip® Nylon Hose Clamp Size D - Blue $3.15

KwikCut Advance Tube Cutter - Black $14.95 stick with the pair of scissors you have at home

Swiftech MCW60 G80 adapter kit for nVidia GeForce 8000 series $6.95 why do you need this if you aren't going with the MCW-60 block

Feser Aqua - FA - Ultra Pure Water - 3 Liter $20.85 go with a $1 gallon of distilled water

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservoir - Retail w/Revised Mounting Kit $17.95

Swiftech Apogee GT Extreme Performance block with AM2 Support $83.90

Tygon R3603 1/2in. ID 3/4in. OD Laboratory Tubing 12 ft $35.40

Back