• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you use to clean the rad ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont use tap water at all.

I fill a large glass bowl with distilled water then add a tiny bit of vinegar. Then I pour it into the rad with a funnel until its mostly full then shake it around for a bit.. Dump it out and repeat again. Last thing is to flush it out with plain distilled water with no vinegar a couple of times.

I dont use tap water at all.

I fill a large glass bowl with distilled water then add a tiny bit of vinegar. Then I pour it into the rad with a funnel until its mostly full then shake it around for a bit.. Dump it out and repeat again. Last thing is to flush it out with plain distilled water with no vinegar a couple of times.

I remember doing that vinegar/distilled water wash method. Even after flushing it out numerous times the rad stunk horribly. About a year and a half later the rad still smelled bad. The distilled water I had in the loop smelled as well. I would'nt use that method ever again.

All of the newer rads, namely within the last year or so, use water based flux, so all that is needed is hot, soapy water followed by distilled water rinsing. If you have a rad with algae growth, then hot soapy water is still the way to go. I also have used DOW scrubbing bubbles before and it works great. You just don't want to leave it in for more than a few minutes, and rinse it out completely.

Thanks people .. i'll try all of above methods lol

Back