• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's RMA/Cust. service stinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weetoots

I ordered a MB, memory and CPU. The board was bad and I returned it per their instructions. I had 14 days to get it there. I mailed it back on 03/05/08. I watched their RMA site and did not see my return. On the 10th day after shipping, I still didn't see my package. When my 14 days are up, my RMA will be cancelled.
I emailed their RMA dept and got the usual "we're sorry for the inconvenience, blah,blah,etc." but we don't have your package.
So yesterday I went to the PO to see if it had been delivered. Yes it had on 03/08/08. Emailed them again, same old blah, blah email in return.
Gee, they just found it today. Unfortunately I asked for a refund. So now the memory, DDR2/667, which was OK for that board, is too slow for most boards. :bang head

I was thinking of buying an "open box" board, but the small print says board only, no accessories. All I want is the board and the I/O plate. If it is not there then, NO RETURN! Suxxxx!

Not a happy customer.

Wait, you had a possible DOA, asked for your money back, received it, and somehow still aren't happy?

Right...

Getting a DOA motherboard is unfortunately not as rare occourence as it should be. You really cant be ****ed off with Newegg, as they dont open the boxes and test it themselves. You need to take up your grief with the MB manufacturer.

There might have been a few days of a mixup with either the Post Office or Newegg's receiving department, but do you really want to post this complaint over lost days? So now you want your money back, presumably got it... This week of downtime doesnt change the fact of your ram being slightly dated. If anything, its probably the cheapest computer component available right now. It really cant be that pricey to upgrade.

What are you complaining about with Newegg again? :shrug:

Sorry about your DOA motherboard. Been there myself. :mad:

try doing the same RMA with another company, chances are it'll be slower and not as helpful...

This was not a possible DOA, it smoked like a fire! My complaint is there system did not work. The package was in there hands and they dropped the ball.
I wasn't looking for sympathy and buying another set of whatever isn't easy when you're on SS.

That same week I sent a RMA back to Corsair, they received the item the same day as Newegg, but they processed it in a very timely manner.

Yes, in a few months time I will get my money back. It's a working motherboard I want.
End of subject.

And that's why I always ship an RMA back with signature confirmation on something like a mobo. It makes it easier to track if the company misplaces the item.

I was very happy with my recent RMA. Had to RMA my 2GBHZ G.Skill sticks. The box got there in like 5 days (standard UPS ground), and the next day I got the (WONDERFUL) email that my RAM was out of stock and I got to get a refund :D Very fast and simple experience, I had my new RAM in-hand 9 business days after the package was shipped.

...It's a working motherboard I want.
End of subject.

If your goal was getting a working motherboard back why not just call them, tell them the situation, and ask for a replacement motherboard, or put the refund towards a new motherboard? That would be much quicker. Sending something back to ANY company and asking for a monetary refund will almost always be a slower process than getting something else from the company. Damn, any time I have had a defective part from Newegg and I called them up about it they have been extremely helpful and even gone the extra mile by updating the shipping to get it here faster. I personally suggest that you go with the phone call rather than the email and trying to avoid any sort of personal contact with a person at their location. It will serve you much better.

I initialy asked for a replacement. However, when it did not show as received I went to the PO for tracking. They were the ones who told me it had been received on the 8th. I live in Hawaii and I do not like UPS, there is no ground shipping to Hawaii, just 2 day air. USPS gets most items to California in 3 days, this was no exception.
After I emailed Newegg and told them they had received it earlier I still got the "well we have to find it to prove you shipped it". I offered to fax my Postal receipt with proof of insurance and tracking,plus the sheet that shoed when it was delivered but they did not respond.
I figured that if they never find the RMA, my 14 days would be up in 2 days and I would lose my RMA per their rules. Now with one day to go I had had enough and changed to a refund. No one mentioned a replacement or credit because they had not found my package.
Today they emailed saying they had received my package.
As far as calling them, I have seen too many posts about Newegg not answering the phone. Maybe they improved, who knows.
Sorry this makes no sense to anyone but me. :drool:

I've called newegg about 4 times, and they never even put me on hold - someone just answered..

Yeah, there may have been a little mess up and they may have lost your mobo for a couple days, but they found it, all is right in the world again, noone ripped you off, and no way in hell is it going to be "a few months time" before you get your refund.

BTW when you ding a retailer everyone has had great experiences with, you can't just end the thread by saying "End of subject." :beer:

On the occasions I've had RMAs with Newegg they have been top notch. I even forgot to ship one return for about 3 weeks after filing the RMA. Finaly shipped it and they contacted me when it was recieved and asked if I still wanted replacement or a refund since the initial RMA was over 30 days old.

I've even been able to change the nature of the RMA by calling them. Their phone service is excellent.

I ordered a MB, memory and CPU. The board was bad and I returned it per their instructions. I had 14 days to get it there. I mailed it back on 03/05/08. I watched their RMA site and did not see my return. On the 10th day after shipping, I still didn't see my package. When my 14 days are up, my RMA will be cancelled.
I emailed their RMA dept and got the usual "we're sorry for the inconvenience, blah,blah,etc." but we don't have your package.
So yesterday I went to the PO to see if it had been delivered. Yes it had on 03/08/08. Emailed them again, same old blah, blah email in return.
Gee, they just found it today. Unfortunately I asked for a refund. So now the memory, DDR2/667, which was OK for that board, is too slow for most boards. :bang head

I was thinking of buying an "open box" board, but the small print says board only, no accessories. All I want is the board and the I/O plate. If it is not there then, NO RETURN! Suxxxx!

Not a happy customer.

Dear weetoots,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) or by email at [email protected] for further assistance.

Sincerely,
Newegg.com

Dear weetoots,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) or by email at [email protected] for further assistance.

Sincerely,
Newegg.com

You guys better not give that whiner anything free :p

Hmm.. I'm not sure I like the look of that canned response either..

I initialy asked for a replacement. However, when it did not show as received I went to the PO for tracking. They were the ones who told me it had been received on the 8th. I live in Hawaii and I do not like UPS, there is no ground shipping to Hawaii, just 2 day air. USPS gets most items to California in 3 days, this was no exception.
After I emailed Newegg and told them they had received it earlier I still got the "well we have to find it to prove you shipped it". I offered to fax my Postal receipt with proof of insurance and tracking,plus the sheet that shoed when it was delivered but they did not respond.
I figured that if they never find the RMA, my 14 days would be up in 2 days and I would lose my RMA per their rules. Now with one day to go I had had enough and changed to a refund. No one mentioned a replacement or credit because they had not found my package.
Today they emailed saying they had received my package.
As far as calling them, I have seen too many posts about Newegg not answering the phone. Maybe they improved, who knows.

You didn't even call? Even chat?

Lapses happen to every company.

Any link to where someone said that they didn't answer the phone? I am just curious and want to see that as I have not seen any issues with Newegg ignoring the phone...but it isn't like I have read every single thing out there heh. Would be interesting to see though.

Just return the RAM too.

Makes me wonder if it really was the shipping that was so slow on my Newegg RMA awhile back...

Back