• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Prices Going Up or Down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reset74

Registered
Hi,
About to put together another AMD system. Whats the general consensus as to whether RAM prices are going up or down?

Up. Local store I get most of mine from was $20 for a 128mb stick of pc133 a few short weeks ago......up to $30 now.

I'm expecting memory prices to follow ddr ram prices: going back up! Buy it now if you can.
Thats the impression that I get.

Funny things happen when ddr mobos come out for Intel CPUs. I was kinda POed about what I paid for my RAM, but now I'm glad that I bought it when I did. I just REALLY hope that it doesn't die.
Definitely buy now if you have to at all. It's not going to be pretty.

The mergers between some of the larger manufacturers aren't going to help either.

"All good things DO come to an end", afterall...

even if it says 128 mb pc133 sdram is only $10 on pricewatch most of those companies charge $9 or $10 for shipping. Right now you can get generic for about $18 and micron for $22 at trade shows.

the price of ddr is definitely going up, but the highest quality stuff never did get as much of a price reduction as the run-of-the-mill stuff. Buy now if you can.

DDR memory prices soar pending Intel introduction
By Jack Robertson
EBN
(12/27/01, 12:34:51 PM EST)

The price of double-data-rate SDRAMs is almost double that of comparable density single data rate chips, as OEMs and suppliers gear up for Intel Corp.'s touted January launch of its 845D DDR chipset.

more.....

http://www.ebnonline.com/story/OEG20011227S0004

Element-Xero said:
i got my 512mb of ddr crucial cas2 in december for like 45 bucks! with shipping!

now it would cost double! :eek:

Lucky skunk!!! Enjoy it while you can. (No ill will implied.)
BTW, I didn't know that Crucial made cas2 RAM. That much at that price sounds fishy, especially since . Hope you got what you thought that you got.
At any rate,[Mr. T voice]
BUY NOW, FOO!
[/Mr. T voice]

Element-Xero said:
hey im not sure if i got screwed , but frankly i wouldnt care since its rock stable at cas2 right now....my fsb is pretty much as high as its gettin so im happy:)
]

The proof's in the pudding (or in the RAM as it were.) Where did you get it from, though? That sounds like something to alert others of, if it's not Crucial.

Back