• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this radiator look used to you?PICS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
I just bought a new MagiCool XTREME QUAD 480 radiator and I think it has been used.

Does this radiator look used to you?

rad1.JPG

rad2.JPG

rad3.JPG

It looks like someone used it and returned it.

They covered up all the scratch marks with a sharpie.

Even if it is used it might not be worth sending it back and waiting for new one.

I say if it works keep it, of course that woudnt stop me from emailing them and letting them know about it.

I bought my current radiator, a swiftech MCR220QP-RES, from the same store I bought Magicool quad and the swiftech looked new. I called them and they told me they do not sell used items and to send them some pics. I told them that it looked like some paint chips had black marker to try and cover them up. When I opened up the quad radiator the bubble wrap had water in it, the fins were damaged, & appears to be dust in the fins (from being used).

This really sucks!:bang head I have all the stuff to add my GPU into my loop, but I don't know if I want to use that radiator on my main pc. :mad:

If you do decide to use it, I would definitely do a good flush out on it to make sure there are no contaminates in it.

I bought my current radiator, a swiftech MCR220QP-RES, from the same store I bought Magicool quad and the swiftech looked new. I called them and they told me they do not sell used items and to send them some pics. I told them that it looked like some paint chips had black marker to try and cover them up. When I opened up the quad radiator the bubble wrap had water in it, the fins were damaged, & appears to be dust in the fins (from being used).

It's probably a matter of semantics. A pawn shop will sell 'used' items while a retail store will sell 'returned' items. More effort should be put into looking at returned stock and making sure they aren't sent out like that.

What do you guys think, they offered me a $25 discount or return it for another one.:confused:

If all the screw holes are fine and it doesn't leak, take the $25. The dings and bent fins won't affect performance (and you could fix them if you really wanted to).

Back