• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I use this to cool a Q6700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, the Apogee (included block) does fit the 775 socket.

Sweet, thanks, I just wanted to be sure. Now, will the same h20-220 ultra cool better or not? I found a link for it at 210 bucks.

I couldn't tell you the difference between the two. I know more about individual parts than kits.

The 1st one:

Capturing the heat:
The extreme performance APOGEE Universal water-block is responsible for absorbing the heat generated by today's hottest CPU's with incredible efficiency.

Moving the Heat around:
The Extreme performance MCP655™ 12 Volts DC industrial pump pushes the coolant throughout the circuit at high velocity.
Larger 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) tubing is used to maximize the coolant flow rate inside the system.

Dissipating the heat into the atmosphere:
The new MCR-220 copper and brass radiator doubles the surface area available for heat convection into the air compared to a single 120mm radiator, and uses two 72 CFM 120mm fans, at a reasonable* sound noise level of 37 dBA.
The MCB120 "Radbox" optimizes cooling by using fresh air from outside the computer, without adding any thermal load to other components.

The second one:

* APOGEE water-block: see complete specifications HERE
* MCR220 radiator see complete specifications HERE
* MCP655™ 12 Volts DC pump: see complete specifications HERE
* MCRES-Micro reservoir see complete specifications HERE
* MCB120 "Radbox" radiator mounting adapter specifications HERE

Back