• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your experience with Paypal disputes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pandam00nium

I recently bought a guitar off eBay(paying through paypal), and it ended up being a totally different item. I just made a dispute with paypal to see if I could get my money back, and I was curious if I could get some input with people who have done this.

Did you manage to get a credit back or did paypal not seem to care about handling things like this? How long did it take before things were resolved?

This is actually the first I've been screwed over on eBay. About a $150 on the line, and although its not a huge amount its still a lot to me.. If anyone can give me any input it would be greatly appreciated. :(

If the seller does not respond (give him a couple days), quickly escalate it to a claim. If the buyer never responded to the dispute, Paypal will most likely take your side and you will get your $150 as long as the seller has that amount in his/her account. If the seller has emptied the account, there is nothing Paypal can refund you.

If the PP dispute does not work out, you may have better luck taking it up with whatever the source of payment is. If Paypal used your credit card as the source, your credit card company will be much more aggressive towards the seller since the Credit Card company does have money on the line.

PP dispute worked out fine for me, forked out 500$ for a projector, never received it so I filed a dispute and got it back within 2 weeks.

Well I called WAMU as well and ask if anything could be done if Paypal would not resolve the issue. They said that since it is an authorized charge there's nothing they can do about it. :(

Also Paypal won't force a credit from their bank account if they took the money off their paypal account? I remember reading some comments from people saying that. If not then people can easily scam others and get away with it. ._.

They can reverse charges even if the funds aren't in the Paypal account itself any more. I've refunded a few sales before on eBay because I couldn't get as many of the items as I thought and the whole transaction chain reversed itself. I don't know what might happen if someone removes their backup funding source which may have been used, or withdraws by check rather than electronic, probably Paypal would debit the Paypal account and bill the person if they had to. Try some Google searches I'm sure you'll find the answer.

I had to dispute something with PP and they asked for my side of the story then went to get the senders side. They never responded to PP so PP did a charge back for me. Took a couple of weeks though but got my money back. Since paypal is owned by ebay, they marked the senders account as not reliable or something.

first time i got screwed i ordered a CAI for my mustang.

i ordered the wrong model 96-99 instead of 00-04. i bought the new one off the same guy. he issued a return, i shipped with UPS with tracking of course :)

guy got the item said "since his account was disabled on ebay" he had to wait to pay me. it took paypal a few weeks, but once they disputed that the item was returned alongside the response from the seller i provided all emails associated with the seller.

i got my money back :)

I actually had my Paypal account get hacked, I had two charges, One for $90 the other for $365, Long story short money was wired to the Phillipines, When I caught the transactions the person had already picked up the $90, I called Paypal, At first Paypal said I would have to file a dispute and there was nothing they could do, When I told them I had called the bank and filed a police report Paypal stopped the transaction on the $365. They put the $365 on hold and I went through the dispute process, Needless to say the person didn't respond, It took about 2 weeks to free up my $365, Paypal filed a dispute with the wire transfer company over the $90, They refunded the money. So in the end I got all my cash back, It was just a hassle and took a couple of weeks. The thing I learned from this aside from protecting myself much better was that when I first filed the report Paypal said it wasn't necessary for me to contact my Bank, We did anyway and we also filed a police report, Once that happened Paypal was alot more interested in taking care of our problem.

With the one problem iv have (never receiving an item) it all went smoothly. I opened a dispute, waited for the seller to respond for 10 days,nothing. So i made is a claim and when the seller didn't respond to that i got my money. Its all good.

If you ever have any problems im sure a few phone calls can sort it out.

A customer did a PayPal dispute with me yesterday.. Really weird too because his dispute is... I (apparently) sold him a router and he can't logon to set it up because he doesn't know the password.. Weird because he bought Arctic Silver 5 and a laptop cooler.. I don't even sell damn routers..

A customer did a PayPal dispute with me yesterday.. Really weird too because his dispute is... I (apparently) sold him a router and he can't logon to set it up because he doesn't know the password.. Weird because he bought Arctic Silver 5 and a laptop cooler.. I don't even sell damn routers..

aha awesome.

Lol thats awkward..

It's good to hear positive stories from everyone though. Thanks. ^^

I recently bought a guitar off eBay(paying through paypal), and it ended up being a totally different item. I just made a dispute with paypal to see if I could get my money back, and I was curious if I could get some input with people who have done this.

Did you manage to get a credit back or did paypal not seem to care about handling things like this? How long did it take before things were resolved?

This is actually the first I've been screwed over on eBay. About a $150 on the line, and although its not a huge amount its still a lot to me.. If anyone can give me any input it would be greatly appreciated. :(

Did the seller not offer a refund? I'm not seeing where you tried to contact them...

I just found out that you can not edit an address once it is on your acct and you can not add a NEW address if it is the same (I moved to a new unit in the same building and had to delete the card, delete the address and then re-add both before I could use it).

I have never had to dispute anything because I barely buy from fleabay and most of the stuff I buy through paypal is a recurring subscrip., parts here or stuff that I have bought more then once already.

Back