• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boxer41

need some advice on how to improve on this system
after installing my temps only went down about 5c from air
fairly cool day about 60f outside, air condition not on, temps are
cpu amd 4600+ (reported by Sanra lite) 46c
gpu ati 2900 pro (reported by Ati Catalyst) 39c
cpu block = swiftech Apogee GT Extreme
Vid block = Koolance 290
Radiator = Black Ice Stealth GT 120
Pump = Eheim 1250
Tubing = 3/8 ID
Liquid = PC Ice
closed loop at approximate 12 oz volume
the Y at the top was used to bleed air out

Last edited:
i noticed very little change when i got wet at idle, however loads where i notice a significant improvement. you may wanna get a bigger rad though. doubt that 120 can handle both your cpu and gpu.

Please resize to at least 1000x750 or something.

*Thanks ;)

Last edited:
What are temps at load?

Remove the Y and put a T, Y is very restrictive.
The 1x120 rad is not going to cut it for gpu and cpu. What fan is on the radiator?

Also try straight water, I dropped 2-3C going from colored/coolant to just water. Add biocide / water wetter of course.

thanks, yea i resized it, and Jinu you where right under load it stays cool its amazing
i have 2 fans on radiator, just normal case ones nuthing special
im not real comfortable using water with additive, ive heard some real horror stories

distilled water with biocide/water wetter will be fine providing your not mixing copper and alum. and it will transfer heat a little better than having a coolant mixed in. only reason i run with a coolant mixture is because i have both alum and copper in my loop.

Back