• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

680i LT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

I'm sorta embarrassed seeing this on the front page. It's an outdated mobo with a Pentium D. And a SilenX HS. Mostly a bunch of pictures and no real information. Are we sure it was not written by the SilenX troll?

Sadly, it's alongside a 'best games of 2007' 'article' which came out yesterday. It's March. Everyone and their uncle did this type of article 3 months ago.

Can't we do any better?

Feel free to delete this if this isn't what the 'front page discussions' thingy is for..

This is what this forum is for...

I agree with your statements, but if you want better, make better, you get 25$ too.

I agree with your statements, but if you want better, make better, you get 25$ too.

I think I have a 486 around here I can take some pictures of review :beer:

But that does not mean the bar ought to be lowered. ;)

He did give some percentage data towards the end though. That board is crap. Apart from the Sanyo SEPC on the CPU VRM side, the other caps are junk (OST). It is NVidia's garbage reference design. The on-board cooling is a joke and the FSB cannot be pushed with such an old CPU.He could have at least taken off the plastic wrap before taking pictures. Looks like the package has not been opened since 1952.

overclockers.com should not be publishing articles like this. I wonder why some good threads in here are not being turned into articles?

I knew I recognized this guy - he's the same character who did a PSU 'review' a couple months ago, he's took a bunch of pictures, then measured 3.3/5/12v with Everest and declared it a good PSU... Let's see.. He used a system supposedly capable of 475 watts max to test a 950 watt PSU. Funny stuff.

Before that was a 7200.9 drive. Last November. Nuff said. No, wait. He finishes the review by saying 'Seagate for the win!'

Looking back, it's the same old stuff. Can we fire this guy, or get him some modern hardware to test, along with a real PSU tester?

Back