• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MD-30RZ Noise level

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LucrativeFuture

Registered
I might pick up an Iwaki very soon but I read in a manual that the MD-30 makes 60 dB. That is the only thing delaying my purchase. Could someone who owns an Iwaki tell me about the noise levels?

I might pick up an Iwaki very soon but I read in a manual that the MD-30 makes 60 dB. That is the only thing delaying my purchase. Could someone who owns an Iwaki tell me about the noise levels?
I have an MD20RZT and it's just slightly louder than an Eheim 1048. In essence it about as loud as a very quiet fan. I can hear the Ehein out to about 1 foot away, the Iwaki to about 3 feet.

If you havn't run a line powered Iwaki before, the heat the motor gives off will astound you, they get really hot. So, if you mount it inside a case just make sure that it's in the exhaust flow, not intake. Other than that, they're super pumps.

I added a graph comparing the Swiftech MC655 vario to the Iwaki MD20RZ(T)

Attachments

• Head vs Flow5a.jpg
    Head vs Flow5a.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Back