• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooled q6600 better temp with 2 2x120mm rad need opinion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stdu007

i got a new q6600 g0 and i plan to overclock it to 3.6 and maybe moore if i could ... so do ya think i will have a better temp with 2 2x120mm rad ... ?:confused:

loop gonna be like this

pump-rad1-cpu-rad2-gpu-resevoir

pump= swiftech mcp655
rad=swiftech mcr220
cpu block=d-tek fusion with nozel kit
gpu block=d-tek fusion gfx
fans=scythe 120mm Ultra Kaze

If you have the CPU and GPU in the same loop, I would have to say "most definitely". ;)

What temps are you getting right now stdu007? I admit I've strictly watercooled processors and and never gpus, but whenever I looked into two rads, I always read that a second rad isn't going to help much, especially in series. The recommended scenario I've come across with two rads would be to run the video card on its own loop, but then you need a second pump. If you wanted to run one loop, it would be best to have the rad's in parallel after the pump before the cpu.

actualy ... i can t tell about the temp because i still waiting for my case ... so i have the same opinion about 2 rad ... but i just want to be shure ... so if i plan to build this loop with 2 rad i should do thios way ...

pump-rad1-rad2-cpu-gpu-resevoir ...

or

pump - split the line going at the same time - rad1 and rad2 then - cpu-gpu-resevoir

Back