• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

film in my loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jinu

i just noticed today when making some wire arrangements in my comp that some of my tubes have a film in it. the only reason why i noticed is i replaced on of my hoses and its alot clearer than the others. i used primochill's utopia in the loop initially and now im just on some audi antifreeze and pt nuke. any clues on what the film could be?

Sounds like it may be bacteria. When you switched from primochill, did you change the tubing?

My rule is, if I ever break down my loop, I change the tubing.

i just noticed today when making some wire arrangements in my comp that some of my tubes have a film in it. the only reason why i noticed is i replaced on of my hoses and its alot clearer than the others. i used primochill's utopia in the loop initially and now im just on some audi antifreeze and pt nuke. any clues on what the film could be?
Is it clear hose by any chance? I had the same issue with a bit of anti-freeze in my loop after awhile.

When I read the title, I thought you meant film in cameras :p

I noticed that any additive will leave film in the tubing over time. Doesn't matter of it's clear tubing or the colored stuff (Black/Silver).

Even plain 'ol distilled water leaves film/residue behind. I know cuz I've used both plain distilled water and used additives with the same results.

I also tried scrubbing the film/residue out of the tubing using various methods. Nothing ever cleans the tubing out completely. Best bet is to just replace the tubing.

A whitish coating is unavoidable and seems to have something to do with the plasticizer used to make the tubing.

If it is slimy however, that is another story and could be algae.

Back