• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Temps MC-TDX Need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frizzaper

Registered
I just finished filling/bleeding my new loop. I'm using:
-Black Ice GTS 360
-DDC Pump
-MC-TDX
-DD-29xt

I am cooling a 5000+ Black Ed @ 2.8ghz and a stock 2900xt

I am getting really high temps on my cpu (42c at startup), the cpu temp then goes up to 55c and idles there. I'm sure it's not the radiator, or a flow problem, because my loop goes Pump-Radiator-CPU-GPU-Pump (using a T-Line located after the pump), and my GPU temp is 35c at idle, and goes up to 40 under load.

I am using Everest Ultimate to read temps, the odd thing is that Everest shows 55c for my CPU temp, but then shows 4c for core one and 7c for core 2, which is obviously not right.
I decided to try using a different program to get readings, so I loaded up AMD Overdrive (ver 2.0.17) IN AMD overdrive I show 0c for core one and 2, but TMPIN1 = 22c, TMPIN2 = 36c and TMPIN3 = 55c.
I assume TMPIN 1,2 are Core 1,2 and TMPIN3 is the temp Everest is using as my CPU core temp.

I have remounted the CPU block 3 times without any change in temp readings. Is my temp sensor bad? the TMPIN temps I get in Overdrive seem alot more likely than the TMPIN3/CPU Temp.

I have no idea what is wrong with this! any ideas?

Update: I'm using a DFI 790fx board. In the Bios the temps for TMPIN 1,2,3 are apparently the CPU Core, System Temp, and Chipset.

Looks like the Chipset is what is actually hot, if the Bios readings are correct. Should I trust the bios readings and look at TMPIN1 in Overdrive to get my CPU temp? What is the max temp for 790fx chipsets? has anyone else with a 790fx running a non-phenom chip had these temp reading issues?

Try using dfi's smart guardian to monitor temps. Also you could try using core temp might tell temps.

Not sure about the board.

Alright, I just had to update Everest and it tuned in to the right sensors, Smartguardian also works (thanks for the heads up meionm). SpeedFan and Sandra still read the wrong sensor for CPU temperature.

Idling at 25c CPU 36c GPU, much better than 55c cpu at idle.

Shame I had to waste so much time reseating my cpu block 3 times before I figured out I was tuned to th ewrong sensor...

Back