• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ddr2700 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flaming gerbil

i just bought the new asus sis333 motherboard which supports ddr333 for the p4. i've been shopping around in the area and no dealers yet sell it. one told me that ddr333 is overclocked 266 memory. i was under the impression that true ddr333 memory, such as kingmax was not overclocked. he said it was unstable, and that's why they don't carry it. i'm not buying it, but i want to double check before i drop the money at pricewatch. any one know? thanks in advance.

PC2700 memory is nothing more than PC2100 memory tested to run at a 166MHz (333MHz) bus speed. It is not a standard.

Yes there is no "official" standard yet however memory with 6ns or faster memory chips are considered true 2700 ddr as 6ns is the speed the chips are running at the fequency of 166mhz.

So if you have 7ns chips and force them to run at 6ns then you are overclocking.

Kingmax 2700ddr is not unstable for me.

Here is the list,

5.0ns = 200 Mhz
6.0ns = 166 Mhz
6.5ns = 150 Mhz
7.0ns = 143 Mhz
7.5ns = 133 Mhz

Hope this stuff drops in price again. Appears my Crucial no longer can handle the 166MHz bus as it has over the past couple of months and failed me the week I was gone for Christmas. Had to back it down to default to run stable. Such a shame to lose all that bandwidth.

Jon said:
Hope this stuff drops in price again. Appears my Crucial no longer can handle the 166MHz bus as it has over the past couple of months and failed me the week I was gone for Christmas. Had to back it down to default to run stable. Such a shame to lose all that bandwidth.

Hope so too, but it's been creeping upward pretty steadily.

PC1600 and PC2100 are the only "ratified" memory standards. PC2400 is completely unofficial, and PC2700 is in the process of being ratified.

Like CPU's, the chips will be the same type, but hand picked because they can run at higher speeds.......

Back