• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PA160 + MCR220

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragoon42

So I have a PA160, but I just bought a brand new MCR220. I was planning on redoing my loop, but now that I think about it. Would you guys think these two are enough to run a fanless system?

I'm using a CM Stacker STC-01. The pa160 will be mounted on the back of the case, and the MCR220 at the front.

I have two fans, but I'd rather get rid of them. Would this be enough to run 0 fans on this thing?

0 fans in the case also (well the GPU + PSU, has a fan on the bottom of it, it's a OCZ GameXtreme 600w), I'll be running an EVGA 8800GT OC.

I'm using it to just cool a e6400:

PA160
MCR220
Aquaextreme 50z Pump
MP-05 LE CPU Block

There's a good possibility it would work but I'd still add a very low speed fan (even if it's just one of those 20CFM 120mm fans :D) if nothing else. They won't increase the noise output of the system by any meaningful amount.

There's a good possibility it would work but I'd still add a very low speed fan (even if it's just one of those 20CFM 120mm fans :D) if nothing else. They won't increase the noise output of the system by any meaningful amount.

yea, what I actually plan on doing now is probably putting one of my yates in front to pull air into the case, and then stick another yate on my 120mm rear. I can get em to be pretty dead silent.

Half of the mcr220 would also be hit with a low fan speed (from the front of the case), and so would the pa160 (I plan on mounting this on the rear outside of the case).

I think it should be pretty dead silent though.

Yeah, eventually it gets to a point where your HDs are louder than your fans and it makes no sense to not run fans at a level where it all blends in. I have a Sunbeam fan controller for my Delta Tri Blades and I keep them set at a level where they're just slightly louder than the hard drives.

I used to run a small car radiator passively, but find that low speed yate loons at 4-5v are so quiet that it makes no noticeable difference. You do need some airflow over them, not just general case airflow as you need the pressure created by a fan mounted to them.

I seriously doubt you could run them passively with no fans at all.

Back