• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PrimoChill and Galvanic Corrosion Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Titanos

Registered
I am looking to get the Koolance EHX 1020BK 3 Fan but I was told galvanic corrosion would occur because the radiator is aluminum and my waterblock(apogee gt) is copper.

ehx-1020bk_01.jpg

I searched for a soultion and found PrimoChill Non Conductive Water Coolant would prevent galvanic corrosion.

Features:

Specially formulated with excellent lubrication properties to increase pump life.

Special corrosive inhibiting ingredients to prevent sludge build up and galvanic corrosion.

Safe on all plastics, rubbers, and miscellaneous gasket materials.

Environmentally responsible food safe non toxic biodegradable product—good for you, good for your PC, and good for the planet.

Formulated for high flow pumps and is not prone to mechanical sheering.

Ships with the dye separate so customers can get the exact tint they want.

3 year shelf life.

*Non-Conductive.

Freeze point below -60F.

So anyways does it acutally work?

Looking to do something like this

PCA71B-EHX1020_01.jpg

Poor cooling, weak pump, enough said.

Poor cooling for the radiator or the Primochill non conductive? I am not saying your wrong but based on what?:confused:

Ill be using my Swiftech MCP655 Pump not the Koolance kit. Just the radiator and shroud.

I just wanna know if Primochill actually prevents galvanic corrosion. :bang head

I just wanna know if Primochill actually prevents galvanic corrosion. :bang head
It will for awhile. I don't think anything can prevent it forever.

Honestly, horrible radiator + alum. You are just asking for pains in the future.

Get a 120x3 radiator and call it a day :)

It will for awhile. I don't think anything can prevent it forever.

Honestly, horrible radiator + alum. You are just asking for pains in the future.

Get a 120x3 radiator and call it a day :)

I second that. 10 minutes with a jigsaw and you can stuff the RAD in the top of the case like you posted. It will look better and perform better as well. Get yourself a Swiftech MCR320 and you will be very happy.

Just use regular antifreeze. There's no need to spend $$$ on "non-conductive fluid that is really the same thing as what you can mix at home for a very low $/per gallon.

dont know how everyone feels but i see koolance and watercooling and a shreek. since day 1 couple years ago, i always heard horror stories with koolance products. i have yet to touch anything with the koolance name on it for WC.

Back