• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comcast FTW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that they are setting up a "pay for what you use" model. In other words, they over sold bandwidth and are looking to get more $$$.

I think that they are setting up a "pay for what you use" model. In other words, they over sold bandwidth and are looking to get more $$$.

I really hope that isnt true... I must pray to the fiber optic gods that FIOS gets installed before that happens.....

Comcast is all about money, don't you know? I too believe this a way for them to set up a "pay for what you use" kind of system. I hate them, and will continue to hate them. Thank god I'm moving to North Carolina in May. Cox FTW!!

I haven't liked Comcast since day one, but with the monopoly that they have here.......What else can I get? Nothing and it sucks!! I'd love for Fios to be deployed here but it's not going to happen.

I addition to that, Comcast is the company that is pushing hardest for a download limit...

I look at it this way... How can they equalize internet traffic? Verizon quotes me at 3360Kb/s down and 704Kb/s up, I am gonna use every bit of it because that is what I am paying for. So, I see Comcast basically saying "You are paying for this but we're giving you that." I think of Comcast as thieves and will never use their service... I don't know if Verizon is much better and one thing they(Verizon) could make their account registration for their service web-based instead of having to install their horrible software that 'provides' IE(that one made me laugh). And please, for the love of God, put tech support centers in the US, Australia, Canada, or the UK.

Verizon is taking its sweet time to get where I am. I am totally done with comcast. they attempt to change my service in anyway I will go with DSL I swear I hate them that much.

Sure that way they can squeeze more money out of the same infrastructure rather than actually doing the upgrades they were supposed to have odne by now. As much as we complain about broadband in the US we do have one major advantage right now and that's no caps, afaik. Maybe some services do have it or have 'unofficial caps' where they start throttling your connection (not based upon specific types of traffic.) I refuse to pay for a service that has any sort of monthly cap.

Sure that way they can squeeze more money out of the same infrastructure rather than actually doing the upgrades they were supposed to have odne by now. As much as we complain about broadband in the US we do have one major advantage right now and that's no caps, afaik. Maybe some services do have it or have 'unofficial caps' where they start throttling your connection (not based upon specific types of traffic.) I refuse to pay for a service that has any sort of monthly cap.

Oh, bandwidth caps exist here in the US. It depends on where you are though. Mostly you still find bandwidth caps in smaller markets where there is less competition so that whoever has the area can screw people over. A guy in my battlefield clan has a 10GB limit per month. Very crazy.

Back