• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

improve upon my swiftech h20-220

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xris

I'd like to add a cooler for my north bridge and nVidia 8800GTX, however I want to avoid my CPU temps going up. How much would adding these additional waterblocks tax my system?

What are the weak points of my system? How could I improve upon the components of my system? A 3x120 radiator? A second radiator? A more powerful pump? A different waterblock for the CPU?

system:
Apogee GT water-block
MCR220 radiator
MCP655-B
1/2" tubing

full specs: http://www.swiftnets.com/products/H20-220-APEX.asp

You're going to add a ton of heat with a GTX added to the loop, I'd look at a 120.3 style radiator, I took a 220 kit and swapped the radiator to a PA120.3 and added a MCW60 on my GTS and the temps went down slightly. I wouldn't add a second rad as its a flow restriction.

I bought a black ice gtx 480 to replace the current radiator. I got it at danger den. Apparently they're giving away free t-shirts too.

Back