• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech 6BTM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elmo

One of you told me that even though my Chainech 6BTM motherboard (about 3 years old) with a Celeron 466 said in the manual it supported 450mhz I could still put higher Celerons in it. It is a BX440 chipset. So what are my upgrade options?

You can put up to P-III 600 SLOT1 Katmai core
If you use an adaptor you can also put celerons up to 766 fcpga
You can also overclock up to 133mhz fsb
(the bx chipset unofficialy supports that)

Good luck

I searched some more and find out that if you update to the latest bios you can use coppermines with 100fsb using an adaptor

I just updated today and it said "Please don't use coppermine CPU after BIOS update on C/D version". Do you know what that means?

By the way, thanks for helping me out.

Hmm, that would mean it only supports Coppermine's before cCO and cDO stepping. So you would need an older stepping CPU. There are cBO (66Mhz FSB) Celeron's upto 700Mhz and cBO (100Mhz FSB) PentiumIII's upto 850Mhz :)

edit: Come to think of it; That warning must be about the so called 'split-plane Voltage' needed by cCO and cDO chips. The iBX doesn't support this split-plane at all, but a lot of people with a iBX based board (like me) are indeed running the newer steppings without any problem. Maybe the chip gets just a little warmer without split-plane (one of those split-plane Voltages is a little lower) but us OCers use decent cooling anyways...

Last edited:
Reply for Elmo

Ok...
Here it is...from the official Chaintech support :

The 6BTM-E/F/G/H/J/K version of motherboard fully support the
coppermines cpu ( celeron II & pentium III )...(adaptor needed)

The 6BTM-L/M/N versions support the above cpu's only if they have the IP6004BCB (U9) on them....(adaptor needed)

The 6BTM-C/D support only the celeron I & pentium3 ( Katmai )

Also read this chat of a newbie with a senior member:
http://www.hardware-one.com/forum/read_msg.php?tid=5285&forumid=qa

If you have the nice version ( i hope you do)...you can also overclock!!!!!!

Thats all
Take care

Back