• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a P3C-D Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i2fast4u

Registered
I just bought a P3C-D dual slot one board, I was wondering what everybody thinks about these and are they a good platform for my dual 1.1GHz Celeron's with slockets. and RAMBUS memory. I hope to overclock to 1.5GHz or better. I will be using a cooled water for cooling (from a freezer). Just wanted to know what you all think, drop me a line please.

Jordan Becher

hate to break it to you but FCPGA celerons are not SMP compatible, youll need to get PIIIs for that setup...sorry

thanks

Well, I was hopeing it would, anybody out there want to buy 2 1100 celerons? I'll have to go searching again. any other thoughts on the board? how stable is it and how overclockable is it?

I may have found a fix

Powerleap's Neo370 adapts copppermine FCPGA processors to fit a PPGA socket. They are also claiming that they work with slockets. And one guy in their forum posted links to how to even get the chips to work. I suppose everything is worth a try. I hope it does work, then we all may be able to enjoy the benefits of dual Celerons. I will be reporting back every now and then, it'll be a while because I am currently on a few backorder lists. Even if I have to rewrite some of the bios, I'm going to give it my best shot. I know some doubt this will work, but I cannot see how a processor cannot be dual compatible, they do not rely on eachother, and bios assigns them different tasks, so how does a processor see another and decide not to work? Have we forgotten, we are dealing with silicon chips? Not like they are too extensively complex or anything, theres only 370 pins, each one has its own complementing set of pins (not nessesarily next to eachother) and Its really just simple figuring, somebody else did the hard part, that was building the chip, and writing the original setup program for BIOS. I'm sorry to you that say it wont work, I do not doubt you, nor do I ever doubt myself, thats why I feel that I can get this whole project to work. I do take your comments to heart, but I am the guy that has to ask WHY NOT? I hope you all are the same way, because if you dont ask why?, or why not? you are only a pawn in the whole game, and you will never find truth to anything, and you will never be what you could have the possibility of becoming. Asking why has got me where I am today, and I'm not about to sit back and let somebody tell me something is not possible, I have to see for myself, wheather I am wasting my time or not, I am learning, and if I'm not learning, you might as well kill me, because I live to learn. I hope we as fellow overclockers are all the same way, theres nothing wrong with following, for a while, then you have to break away and make something of yourself, just like living at home with mom. You learn what you think you need to learn, then you get your own place, mess up a few times, and figure it all out. I hope you see where I am going, There is almost nothing that can deter me from my goals, you all can post things telling me I am wrong, but mabe someday I will surprise you and then you will be following still. I hope we all think alike on this, because we are individuals, not lemmings, we do not all jump off a cliff if one does it. :burn:

Back