• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is up with jab-tech?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xris

I would have loved to throw some money at them today, but I had to buy what I wanted elsewhere. Their site has been super slow for me over the last couple days. It takes about 3-4 minutes for a page to load enough to where I can sort of tell what I'm looking at.

The first day it happened, it was about 2am or so and I thought they were doing maintenance or some such. It happens every day all day now. Being a problem solver, I decided that it couldn't be their servers that are so slow all the time. A company just wouldn't let that happen. They wouldn't make a dime. I decided to browse their site through a proxy and low and behold, everything was as fast as you'd expect through a proxy. It takes about 10-15 seconds to fully load a page through a proxy. So some machine between jab tech and me is causing this massive delay that isn't in the chain when I go through a proxy.

I'm not comfortable placing an order through a proxy, so of course, I didn't. Anyway, I'm sure jab-tech has somebody look at these forums. Can something be done about this? Is this happening to anyone else?

It took a good 15 seconds for everything to finish loading :shrug:

Try doing a traceroute to jab-tech and see if you can find the bad hop. Chances are you are correct and it's a busy router on the WWW. If you can find the IP where the millisecond spike occurs, you can look up the administrative contact and bug them to see what's up.

is the last ip in the tracert before it times out. So I'm assuming it's them. I should really know a lot more about networking than I do...

is the last ip in the tracert before it times out. So I'm assuming it's them. I should really know a lot more about networking than I do...
Internap Network Services PNAP-8-98 (NET-216-52-0-0-1)
216.52.0.0 - 216.52.255.255
InterNAP Network Services, PNAP-WDC PNAP-WDC-INAP-BB-1 (NET-216-52-126-0-1)
216.52.126.0 - 216.52.127.255

Their site is here:

http://www.internap.com/index.html

File your ticket here:

http://www.internap.com/contactus/overview/page1187.html

Server is at layeredtech.com in the Savvis DC.. Its located in Dallas TX.
There are a couple cron jobs that run in the middle of the night (DB backups and stuff like that) but they shouldn't really slow the server down at all.
I'll open a ticket with layeredtech see if they can find anything but it all seems to be working fine right here (I am only 100 mile away from the server though)

And this is the reason why Jab Tech is one of the first stores I check out for my cooling needs. You can't get better service than this; having the owner of the company visiting the forums and making sure his customers are satisfied. :)

Site seems to be a tad faster than last night, but it is still unusable.

216.39.69.238 is timing out this time

Back