• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deer Psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ice Breaker 489

has anyone had any experience with the PSu made by deer...
preferably the 400w model

I plan on buying this PSu for the new comp im building and I've never heard of the "DEER" company before, until I went to the AMD Approved Power Supplies site.

So if anyone has any info about this PSu, if its problematic, if it works great for OCing, then just tell me.

Thanx for your time:D

My 300Watt sucks. The 5v registers low with MBM, and overclocking suffers.

Don't know about 400, though. I think that Hoot posted something about making sure you get a combined wattage 3.3v + 5 volt of a certain value, look for that...180 I think.

Most of the PSUs that come with generic cases are Deers. I've had several 300W ones that while lasted a long time, were by no means a power house.

I can't say I'd trust one to run an overclocked AMD rig...Intel, yes, but not AMD.

theyre on AMD's power supply approved list though...

i dont know how to put the link in correctly but go to the thread about "antec and enermax PSus not amd approved"

the guy posted the link of approved powersupplies by amd

Back