• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG Warranty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sct

Disabled
I had sent a RMA on 7950 GT OC card to bfg ,
they sent back a new 8800GTS card .
I just want to share this with every one .

bfg does some cool stuff sometimes. I sent in a 6600gt and got back a 6800gt. I was pretty happy. I like bfg a lot.

most likely not. If you read the most warranties carefully, they state that they will replace within X amount of time. for an equivalent or higher model or something in that format. so lets say they dont have an 6600 in stock, and the next model up they have in stock is an 6800 they are going to give you that. it would cost them more to make 1 single card or locate 1 single card that its cheaper for them to give you a higher model and make you happy at the same time. not to mention it most likely cost the company the same amount of money to make both cards.

I shipped it out tuesday got to BFG wednesday and back to my door thursday night
shipping was 6.00 to IL.

That gives me a pretty sweet idea. Hold on to your old BFG (and maybe XFX/EVGA) cards if they break and you don't need a replacement right away. Wait about 10 years, then get some warranty service, you should end up with a pretty nice card :p

Lifetime warranty is pretty questionable. It depends on the company. Some companies argue that life time warranty only includes the time frame in which they actually produce the card. So once they stop making the card it is no longer in its life time and out of warranty. This is usually the argument for lower end companies that wessel their way out of giving a new card to their clients. Though i would not except this from bfg. But then again BFG might not be here in 10 years... so they might not have to honor their warranty if the company does not exist.

Back