• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding a quiet power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LegendNH

I would like it built a very very quiet computer. Where can I get a power supply to give me enough juice to run my system and still be wispher quiet:

Here are the specs to my computer so far:
Athlon XP1700
Abit KG-7 not raid
liteon 24x cd-rw
artec 16x dvd
1 gig of ram maybe 512 with the prices going up
sound blaster live X-gamer
80gb WD hard drive
ati radeon ViVo (need to capture stuff in mpeg2)

Must be very very very quiet please
Please you help is greatly appriciated.

Enermax PSU's are whisper quiet and go up to 500Watt which is enough for any system.

However they are expensive, Antec PSU's are good and quiet to, just make sure the PSU you get a Temp Controlled as it will adjust the speed (thus the noise) of the fan depending on the temperature.

the new enermax psu's have a fan control nob on the back to adjust the speed (noise) of the fan :)
kinda expensive tho

Check out quietpc.com. They've got a 300w ps that's as quiet as you can get with one fan. Thought about buying it but it cost about $115 including shipping from UK to USA. I just bought a 370w TTGI model with two 80mm sleeve bearing fans and it's quiet enough. I got it from ramplus.com for under $55.00 including shipping. The one at quietpc.com is the way to go if you want it as quiet as you can get.

>AMD XP 1700+ >Epox 8KHA+ >Alpha PAL8045 >512mb Crucial PC2100 >40 gig Seagate Barracuda IV >GeForce GTS-V 32mb DDR >LiteOn CD/DVD - CDRW >SB Live Value >Win XP Home >Samsung 19" >Antec case SX635 >TTGI 370w ps >NIC 10/100

you could always change the PSU fan if its too load...
or lower the voltage from the fan to 7V from 12

The PC Power and Cooling Silencer series are quiet, but expensive. Zalman also makes a quiet power supply ...

Back