• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon "Featured Merchants" and "New"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably should have asked this before ordering it, but I got a gift certificate for Amazon about a month and a half ago, and decided to get something. So I decided on a copy of Unreal 3. My question is whats the difference between the Featured Merchants and New? I noticed that the ones in the "New" category are almost half the price of the other (link). So, are the "new" ones just bought by individual sellers and before being used and the "featured merchants" actual retailers?

All I know that whether you order from Amazon themselves or one of the people selling through their site they cover it. You should be good to go eitherway.

All I know that whether you order from Amazon themselves or one of the people selling through their site they cover it. You should be good to go eitherway.

Good to know, because I ordered the "New" one, and when looking at the confirmation email it looked like an individual username, so I feel a bit better knowing that they will cover it if somethings happened (doubt anything will, already got the email saying its shipped).

The featured ones might have faster shipping, but they are usually more expensive. I've bought new a few times on amazon and I've never had a problem.

The featured ones might have faster shipping, but they are usually more expensive. I've bought new a few times on amazon and I've never had a problem.

No, the New ones also have a faster shipping option, at least the things I bought had them. They have normal shipping (4-7 days) and then fast shipping (1-2 days).

Back