• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dry ice in chandler/mesa AZ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Anyone in this area know where to get a pound of dry ice? Every store I've been to so far stopped selling it.

OR, if you know a "talented" person you can use ICE CREAM SALT.

:rolleyes:

I had a person tell me they had dry ice...on a shelf...5 lb bag...for 2.99. I was confused, so I had to check it out.

ICE
CREAM
SALT

...????

OR, if you know a "talented" person you can use ICE CREAM SALT.

:rolleyes:

I had a person tell me they had dry ice...on a shelf...5 lb bag...for 2.99. I was confused, so I had to check it out.

ICE
CREAM
SALT

...????

WUT.

DO WANT.

PICTURES WILL BE SUPPLIED.

WUT.

DO WANT.

PICTURES WILL BE SUPPLIED.
Pics? No, it was a phone call and in-house visit :)

I called a local food store (Sunshine) and asked if they still carried dry ice. She put me on hold to "check" and came back about 2 minutes later. I asked the price of it (here is where I should have picked up on it), she replied "5 dollars for a 10lb bag". I was thinking "wow, that is not bad". FULLY prepped my board, full insulation, the WORKS:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/thideras/Benches/83dbbceb.jpg

That was my "good" insulation job, so it took me around 2 hours, neck hurt afterwards :p

Went in to get it and I found the person that I talked to (still working support desk) and she points me over to the baking isle. Then I was lost, I was in there before and was SURE they didn't have a dry ice freezer in the isles. So, just for the hell of it, I walked over there. Lo and behold, nothing...I was truly confused. Walked back over and asked what the heck she was talking about. She walks me over there and points at "ice cream salt" (says right on the bag in huge blue letters).

I said: "That is no dry ice..."

Her response: "Yes it is, I work here, I know where everything is"

....uhh...no you don't obviously. The manager walked by and asked if we needed help, and I asked if they had dry ice.

Manager's response: "Oh my, we haven't had that since I started as the manager here, over 10 years ago!" and she starts laughing

So we walk over to the desk again (with the manager) and kindly explain what dry ice ACTUALLY is. The entire time she just gives us a blank stare and didn't comprehend what we were saying. Don't think the manager likes her anymore >.>

How the hell does "ice cream salt" translate to "dry ice"... I don't even know what ice cream salt is >< but it sounds disgusting...

A store near me, it's called Giant (supermarket) carries it, 5$ a pound I think? it was that or 2.50, I forget, but it was decent enough comparitively, and they have it in this massive bolted container in the main aisle :p

A store near me, it's called Giant (supermarket) carries it, 5$ a pound I think? it was that or 2.50, I forget, but it was decent enough comparitively, and they have it in this massive bolted container in the main aisle :p
$5 a POUND? Are you sure? I can get it locally for just over a dollar a pound.

It's 2.50 a pound, I just checked. But nonwithstanding, I can get it free from a local pediatric office, so I'm impassive XD

I'm guessing ice cream salt is basically the same as sidewalk salt used for melting ice in an ice cream churns. Melting ice = better cold xfer to chill ice creams.

Still it would take a blonde to get the salt and dry ice mixed. Even my local store carries some dry ice. (thick gloves attached to it for self serving)

hmm, I would pay(yes would pay, if I had a DI tube) 5 euro's per kilo, so thats around 2.50 a pound I guess. You guys should try refrigerator repair and parts shop, they usually carry them(that's where I would got mine for the DI bombs :rolleyes:)

Back