• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DodgeViper

Anybody using the Antec PP-412X on there AMD 1.4 processor? I am thinking of buying the Antec SOHO SX1030 case with the PP-412X power supply. Been to AMD's website and they do not have this P/S listed. They do have the PP-403X as recomeded for the AMD 1.4.

Works fine and is an excellent PSU. Can't promise that you're 5V won't be on the low side (really depends on the motherboard you get) but mine has been perfectly stable. 300W, 350W and 400W have all serviced well for me.

Love anything Antec.

question.

i need a new PSU rather badly atm.

i can get a antec 400w pp-412X intown for $80+tax right now.

Or i can get a 431w enermax off newegg for $80-90+shipping...

The $10 isnt what i realy care about, thats no problem.

but which would be better. And would i need the extra 31w from the enermax?

i'm gonna need it to power

2 ide hdd's

2 yamaha burners

a floppy

sblive

NIC

radeon 64DDR VIVO

kk266

and a 1gig chip, will b runnin @bout 1.5, want power to spare with my psu

will the antec work and give me spare power or will i need the enermax.

thnx

Both the Antec case and the Enermax case are from the same company. The Antec comes with a 400 watt Antec P/S ($127.00) and the Enermax comes with a 330 watt dual fan Enermax P/S ($99.00).

Leaning towards the Antec.

Last edited:
DodgeViper said:
Both the Antec case and the Enermax case are from the same company. The Antec comes with a 400 watt Antec P/S ($127.00) and the Enermax comes with a 330 watt dual fan Enermax P/S ($99.00).

Leaning towards the Antec.

If you're having problems with your current power supply maybe reducing your sig will cut your power consumption.

If you're having problems with your current power supply maybe reducing your sig will cut your power consumption.

eobard, why does this bother you? I have it this way to help others. When I first got into O/C I had a lot of questions and wanted answers.

DodgeViper said:

eobard, why does this bother you? I have it this way to help others. When I first got into O/C I had a lot of questions and wanted answers.

1) It's largely superfluous. It may be relavent in some posts but not in all. If people need to see full detail of what you have here's a good suggestion on how to inform them:

rogerdugans (credit where credit is due) said:
I have had all my specs on my website: it takes a page per computer to list them decently. For me, that is 6 pages! We, as regular members are not allowed to include a url in our sig- thats fine! Put your url in your profile and then anyone who chooses can go look at everything.

2) It chews up bandwidth un-necessicarily. If you reply three time in a single thread your sig goes up three times in that thread, even if the thread is about fixing your memory timings or something like that that's two times too many and people with 56K will be waiting all day just to read a few lines of text because...

3) You aren't the only one doing it. One person would not drag down the system even if they had 100 lines in their sig. But if 50 (out of 12,000) people regularly post with 20+ lines in their sig's each, and they all post in many threads, and more than once in each thread, then the problem becomes exponential.

I though I joined "Overclockers.com", lately it seems I'm becoming a member of "Oversigers.com"

I am using the Antec SX840 case with the Antec PP412X and have not had any problems.

Running a XP1800+ @ 145X11.5 with default voltage on Soyo Dragon Plus mobo.

Fan is running at about 2500+ and is very quite. Of course, I am old and can't hear well. :)

Last edited:
That much I understood. Not being an Intel man, I did not understand was what P4 compliant implied, as opposed to non-P4 compliant.

73, Hoot

P4 require an extra motherboard connector with four lines. It can be done with an adapter from a standard 4 pin, but most just have the extra lines now.

You don't happen to know why it needs those extra lines do you? It's still the same voltages coming from the same psu so why a seperate connector?

Back